BE 9.0 on Win 2003 server: Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.0 on Win 2003 server: Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files - Veritas Backup Exec ; Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files. I get this error message whenever I try to do a backup. I have at least 27 GB of space on the smallest drive on this server. This is a new ...

  1. BE 9.0 on Win 2003 server: Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files

    Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.

    I get this error message whenever I try to do a backup. I have at least 27
    GB of space on the smallest drive on this server. This is a new install and
    I have not gotten it to work correctly yet. The user I assigned BackupExec
    to use is a member of the DomainAdmins Group.

    Any Ideas?
    ---
    LOG FILE::
    ---
    Job Operation - Backup
    Backup Options
    Media operation - overwrite.
    No compression enabled.

    OFO: Started for device: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option
    used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
    Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.

    Job Completion Status
    Job ended: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 at 9:01:41 PM
    Completed status: Failed
    Final error code: a00084d9 HEX
    Final error description: There was an error processing the on tape catalogs.

    Final error category: Backup Media Errors

    Errors
    Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.

    --
    ~ Noel

  2. Re: BE 9.0 on Win 2003 server: Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files

    Noel,

    I have the same issue. Did you get a resolution?

    Noel" wrote:
    >Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.
    >
    >I get this error message whenever I try to do a backup. I have at least

    27
    >GB of space on the smallest drive on this server. This is a new install

    and
    >I have not gotten it to work correctly yet. The user I assigned BackupExec
    >to use is a member of the DomainAdmins Group.
    >
    >Any Ideas?
    >---
    >LOG FILE::
    >---
    >Job Operation - Backup
    >Backup Options
    >Media operation - overwrite.
    >No compression enabled.
    >
    >OFO: Started for device: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option
    >used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
    >Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.
    >
    >Job Completion Status
    >Job ended: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 at 9:01:41 PM
    >Completed status: Failed
    >Final error code: a00084d9 HEX
    >Final error description: There was an error processing the on tape catalogs.
    >
    >Final error category: Backup Media Errors
    >
    >Errors
    >Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.
    >

    >--
    >~ Noel

+ Reply to Thread