Exchange Options Not Seen - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange Options Not Seen - Veritas Backup Exec ; None of the Exchange... wrote: > I am running Backup Exec 8.6 on Windows2000 and have installed the Remote > Agent to a Windows 2000 Exchange server. I have also installed the > Exchange Agent and I do not see ...

  1. Re: Exchange Options Not Seen

    None of the Exchange... wrote:

    > I am running Backup Exec 8.6 on Windows2000 and have installed the Remote
    > Agent to a Windows 2000 Exchange server. I have also installed the
    > Exchange Agent and I do not see the option to back up an Information
    > Store.

    If Exchange is on a different machine than the media server, then you need
    a remote agent serial number installed on the media server.

    BTW, you may want to correct your "mail from" setting. You set it to the
    same thing as your subject line.

    HTH,

    Bill

  2. Exchange Options Not Seen

    I am running Backup Exec 8.6 on Windows2000 and have installed the Remote
    Agent to a Windows 2000 Exchange server. I have also installed the Exchange
    Agent and I do not see the option to back up an Information Store.

  3. Re: Exchange Options Not Seen

    Do you have Exchange Admin and Outlook (for mailbox backups) installed on
    the Media Server?

    "None of the Exchange components can be seen in the Backup Selections window
    within Backup Exec for NT/2000, despite the fact that the Exchange Agent has
    been correctly installed. " wrote in
    message news:3f8dc7ee@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > I am running Backup Exec 8.6 on Windows2000 and have installed the Remote
    > Agent to a Windows 2000 Exchange server. I have also installed the

    Exchange
    > Agent and I do not see the option to back up an Information Store.

+ Reply to Thread