tape keeps popping out - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on tape keeps popping out - Veritas Backup Exec ; hello, We are using Backup Exec v8.6 Rev 3878 on Windows 2000 Server box. Lately, the tape from the external drive keeps popping out and we are getting errors stating "please insert overwritable media into the drive." Then the backup ...

  1. tape keeps popping out

    hello,

    We are using Backup Exec v8.6 Rev 3878 on Windows 2000 Server box.

    Lately, the tape from the external drive keeps popping out and we are
    getting errors stating "please insert overwritable media into the drive."

    Then the backup job will not start and this alert keeps popping up.

    I cannot find anything helpful from the logs or event viewer.

    Has anybody experienced this problem, is it a bug, etc ?

    Thanks is advance for any help

    -chris

  2. Re: tape keeps popping out

    this seemed to work !
    thank you very much sethu

    "Sethu" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Simple!!!
    >
    > Media Tab,
    > Media Set, Right click the media name of the tape which is ejecting out,
    > select "move media" and select scracthc media, This means movin ghtis

    media
    > to scracth media category and this shall enable the job to write to this,
    > Let me knwo the status,
    >
    > Bye
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Sethu
    >
    > "chris" wrote:
    > >hello,
    > >
    > >We are using Backup Exec v8.6 Rev 3878 on Windows 2000 Server box.
    > >
    > >Lately, the tape from the external drive keeps popping out and we are
    > >getting errors stating "please insert overwritable media into the drive."
    > >
    > >Then the backup job will not start and this alert keeps popping up.
    > >
    > >I cannot find anything helpful from the logs or event viewer.
    > >
    > >Has anybody experienced this problem, is it a bug, etc ?
    > >
    > >Thanks is advance for any help
    > >
    > >-chris

  3. Re: tape keeps popping out

    "chris" wrote:
    >hello,
    >
    >We are using Backup Exec v8.6 Rev 3878 on Windows 2000 Server box.
    >
    >Lately, the tape from the external drive keeps popping out and we are
    >getting errors stating "please insert overwritable media into the drive."
    >
    >Then the backup job will not start and this alert keeps popping up.
    >
    >I cannot find anything helpful from the logs or event viewer.
    >
    >Has anybody experienced this problem, is it a bug, etc ?
    >
    >Thanks is advance for any help
    >
    >-chris

+ Reply to Thread