What resources do I need? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on What resources do I need? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Sorry for re-posting but I'm not getting any answers on this and I need to resolve the issue: I've got BE8.6 on an NT 4 Server backing up several NT and 2k Servers. I got this message in the log ...

  1. What resources do I need?

    Sorry for re-posting but I'm not getting any answers on this and I need to
    resolve the issue:

    I've got BE8.6 on an NT 4 Server backing up several NT and 2k Servers. I
    got this message in the log file regarding one of the NT and one 2K servers:

    OFO: Insufficient system resources exist to initialize OFO.
    OFO: Initialization failure on: \\Server\C$

    The NT server has 3.09GB free on C and 211GB free on E. The 2000 server has
    15.9GB free on C. The NT backup server has 960MB free on C and 3.62GB free
    on E. I've followed TechNotes 238600, 234668, and 245401 (hotfix 12) but
    none of these make any difference. Does anyone have any thoughts on what
    else to look for?

    Thanks,
    David

  2. Re: What resources do I need?

    Hi David,

    This usually solves the issue.

    Let me know

    Regards

    Sethu

    "David Mendes" wrote:
    >Sorry for re-posting but I'm not getting any answers on this and I need

    >resolve the issue:
    >
    >I've got BE8.6 on an NT 4 Server backing up several NT and 2k Servers.

    >got this message in the log file regarding one of the NT and one 2K servers:
    >
    >OFO: Insufficient system resources exist to initialize OFO.
    >OFO: Initialization failure on: \\Server\C$
    >
    >The NT server has 3.09GB free on C and 211GB free on E. The 2000 server

    has
    >15.9GB free on C. The NT backup server has 960MB free on C and 3.62GB free
    >on E. I've followed TechNotes 238600, 234668, and 245401 (hotfix 12) but
    >none of these make any difference. Does anyone have any thoughts on what
    >else to look for?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >David

  3. Re: What resources do I need?

    Thanks for the reply. I double checked my setting and I am using
    "E:\BackupExec" however the job log reports an initialization error on
    \\vanet\c$. Vanet is the name of one of the remote servers that I am
    backing up. My BE server is Vaback. Any other suggestions?

    Thanks,

    "Sethu" wrote in message

    > Hi David,
    >
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233969.htm
    > This usually solves the issue.
    >
    > Let me know
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Sethu
    >
    > "David Mendes" wrote:
    > >Sorry for re-posting but I'm not getting any answers on this and I need

    > >resolve the issue:
    > >
    > >I've got BE8.6 on an NT 4 Server backing up several NT and 2k Servers.

    > >got this message in the log file regarding one of the NT and one 2K

    servers:

    > >OFO: Insufficient system resources exist to initialize OFO.
    > >OFO: Initialization failure on: \\Server\C$
    > >
    > >The NT server has 3.09GB free on C and 211GB free on E. The 2000 server

    > has
    > >15.9GB free on C. The NT backup server has 960MB free on C and 3.62GB

    free
    > >on E. I've followed TechNotes 238600, 234668, and 245401 (hotfix 12) but
    > >none of these make any difference. Does anyone have any thoughts on what
    > >else to look for?
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >David

+ Reply to Thread