Backup Exec Marking Tapes as Cleaning Tapes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Marking Tapes as Cleaning Tapes - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have noticed that Backup Exec will frequently inventory a batch of tapes and incorrectly label data tapes as Cleaning Media. Usually I can clear this up by manually erasing the "(Cleaning Media)" string from the label and moving the ...

  1. Backup Exec Marking Tapes as Cleaning Tapes

    I have noticed that Backup Exec will frequently inventory a batch of tapes
    and incorrectly label data tapes as Cleaning Media. Usually I can clear
    this up by manually erasing the "(Cleaning Media)" string from the label and
    moving the tape to the scratch pool. There is definitely nothing wrong
    with the tape label, which reads L1 (LTO-1 data tape) at the end.

    What causes this to happen, and is there a way to prevent this annoyance?

    --
    Will
    westes AT earthbroadcast.com

  2. Re: Backup Exec Marking Tapes as Cleaning Tapes

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190522.htm

    CHANGE USERNAME TO westes wrote:

    >I have noticed that Backup Exec will frequently inventory a batch of tapes
    >and incorrectly label data tapes as Cleaning Media. Usually I can clear
    >this up by manually erasing the "(Cleaning Media)" string from the label and
    >moving the tape to the scratch pool. There is definitely nothing wrong
    >with the tape label, which reads L1 (LTO-1 data tape) at the end.
    >
    >What causes this to happen, and is there a way to prevent this annoyance?

+ Reply to Thread