Restore C drive to another online drive same system - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore C drive to another online drive same system - Veritas Backup Exec ; Here is my case: I have a failed server running 2K with mirrored drives (C drive). Both drives failed. However, I did get one of the drives up but with online errors. I was also able to back up the ...

  1. Restore C drive to another online drive same system

    Here is my case:
    I have a failed server running 2K with mirrored drives (C drive). Both drives
    failed. However, I did get one of the drives up but with online errors. I
    was also able to back up the C drive to include system state only with one
    resource error. Remirroring is not working it has I/O error. Can I restore
    the C drive to include the system state to another online good drive (F:
    Drive) on the same system as the "C drive" then switch to that drive as the
    primary without installing W2K first and doing a manual restore? If so what
    redirection settings should I use and the recommended path? Please advise.

  2. Re: Restore C drive to another online drive same system

    "Jackie Butler" wrote:
    >I am also running the latest 9.0. please advise.
    >Here is my case:
    >I have a failed server running 2K with mirrored drives (C drive). Both drives
    >failed. However, I did get one of the drives up but with online errors.

    >was also able to back up the C drive to include system state only with one
    >resource error. Remirroring is not working it has I/O error. Can I restore
    >the C drive to include the system state to another online good drive (F:
    >Drive) on the same system as the "C drive" then switch to that drive as

    the
    >primary without installing W2K first and doing a manual restore? If so what
    >redirection settings should I use and the recommended path? Please advise.

+ Reply to Thread