Backup Exec 9 AOFO problems - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 9 AOFO problems - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am having problems with the Advanced Open File Option where it says the drive is unsnappable, whcih causes the AOFO to have an initialization failure. Veritas says it is the AntiVirus software causing Backup Exec to be unable to ...

  1. Backup Exec 9 AOFO problems

    I am having problems with the Advanced Open File Option where it says the
    drive is unsnappable, whcih causes the AOFO to have an initialization failure.
    Veritas says it is the AntiVirus software causing Backup Exec to be unable
    to remove the temp file from the previous backup. I think it is just bad
    software design on Veritas' part. Has anyone else had problems like this?
    IS there a workable solution other then totally disabling Antivirus software
    and leaving yourself vulnerable to attacks?

  2. Re: Backup Exec 9 AOFO problems

    Create a schedule task to stop the AV services when the backup is going to
    kick off and start the service after the job finishes. OFO is very sensitive
    to AV.

    "Jason Reynolds" wrote:

    >I am having problems with the Advanced Open File Option where it says the
    >drive is unsnappable, whcih causes the AOFO to have an initialization failure.
    > Veritas says it is the AntiVirus software causing Backup Exec to be unable
    >to remove the temp file from the previous backup. I think it is just bad
    >software design on Veritas' part. Has anyone else had problems like this?
    > IS there a workable solution other then totally disabling Antivirus software
    >and leaving yourself vulnerable to attacks?

  3. Re: Backup Exec 9 AOFO problems

    That is a lame solution though because what if a virus hits? We never had
    those problems with the OFO on 8.6. Veritas dropped the ball on this big
    time.

    "Rehman Memon" wrote:

    >Create a schedule task to stop the AV services when the backup is going

    >kick off and start the service after the job finishes. OFO is very sensitive
    >to AV.
    >

    >"Jason Reynolds" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am having problems with the Advanced Open File Option where it says the
    >>drive is unsnappable, whcih causes the AOFO to have an initialization failure.
    >> Veritas says it is the AntiVirus software causing Backup Exec to be unable
    >>to remove the temp file from the previous backup. I think it is just bad
    >>software design on Veritas' part. Has anyone else had problems like this?
    >> IS there a workable solution other then totally disabling Antivirus software
    >>and leaving yourself vulnerable to attacks?

+ Reply to Thread