Problem Installing Remote Agent For Windows - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem Installing Remote Agent For Windows - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to install Remote Agent For Windows on a remote workstation. The following error message is generated: "The system cannot find the path specified." No other information is given, and nothing unusual shows up in the bepushes.log file. ...

  1. Problem Installing Remote Agent For Windows

    I am trying to install Remote Agent For Windows on a remote workstation.
    The following error message is generated:

    "The system cannot find the path specified."

    No other information is given, and nothing unusual shows up in the bepushes.log
    file.

    Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what the problem might be?

    Thank you!

  2. Re: Problem Installing Remote Agent For Windows

    Susan,

    I am assuming that you are doing a remote or push install from the setup of
    backup exec? If you are there are a few things you need to check.

    1)Make sure you can map a drive to the remote machine by using explorer.
    Make sure you are doing this logged in as the same account that you are
    running the setup with backup exec, just to make sure.
    2) Is the server you are installing the agent from in the same workgroup or
    domain as the target server?
    3) Do you have NetBIOS turned on, on the target server.
    4) Do you have file and print sharing turned on on the target computer
    5) Do you have the client for Microsoft networks turned on, on the server
    you are installing the agent from..

    Essentially the installation needs to be able to have authenticated access
    to the remote server. So you should also check the local security policy if
    you are not using an account that is not a member of the local
    administrators group.

    If all else fails then copy the contents of the RANT32 directory to the
    target server and run the setupaa.cmd file.

    Hope this helps
    Simon Hall

    "Susan Jones" wrote in message

    > I am trying to install Remote Agent For Windows on a remote workstation.
    > The following error message is generated:
    >
    > "The system cannot find the path specified."
    >
    > No other information is given, and nothing unusual shows up in the

    bepushes.log
    > file.
    >
    > Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what the problem might be?
    >
    > Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread