Media Label Library error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media Label Library error - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, all, Today I installed BE9/4454 on a W2K/SP4 server. The initial backup drive was an HP 6x24 DDS changer (model 1557A). I couldn't get the changer to work, so I switched to a standalone tape drive, and it's working ...

  1. Media Label Library error

    Hi, all,

    Today I installed BE9/4454 on a W2K/SP4 server. The initial backup drive was
    an HP 6x24 DDS changer (model 1557A). I couldn't get the changer to work, so
    I switched to a standalone tape drive, and it's working fine. I deleted all
    the references to the HP I could find, but I obviously missed one because
    I'm getting the following event log error:

    Event ID 152
    Removable Storage
    Error encountered when attempting to execute Media Label Library "BE". The
    DLL could not be loaded. Make sure the file exists and the path is correctly
    noted in the registry.

    I can't find any reference to this in the Veritas KB. Can anyone suggest a
    fix for this?

    TIA,

    GaryK

  2. Never mind: got this one fixed

    Missing file (MLL_BE.DLL) in SYSTEM32. Found it in a Veritas subdir and
    replaced it in SYTEM32 and the error went away.

    GaryK

    "Gary Karasik" wrote in message
    > Hi, all,
    >
    > Today I installed BE9/4454 on a W2K/SP4 server. The initial backup drive

    was
    > an HP 6x24 DDS changer (model 1557A). I couldn't get the changer to work,

    so
    > I switched to a standalone tape drive, and it's working fine. I deleted

    all
    > the references to the HP I could find, but I obviously missed one because
    > I'm getting the following event log error:
    >
    > Event ID 152
    > Removable Storage
    > Error encountered when attempting to execute Media Label Library "BE". The
    > DLL could not be loaded. Make sure the file exists and the path is

    correctly
    > noted in the registry.
    >
    > I can't find any reference to this in the Veritas KB. Can anyone suggest a
    > fix for this?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > GaryK

+ Reply to Thread