Remote selection Problem on BE 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote selection Problem on BE 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running backupexec 9.0 and i have Remote agent installed on many server, on only ONE of those servers i am unable to do a remote selection what i want to backup, i am getting the following error message ...

  1. Remote selection Problem on BE 9.0

    I am running backupexec 9.0 and i have Remote agent installed on many server,
    on only ONE of those servers i am unable to do a remote selection what i
    want to backup, i am getting the following error message
    Logon Account "System Logon Account" failed to access "\\ServerName" Access
    is denied

    the be service account is member of the Domain admins group and of the local
    adminsitrator group of the pc too... it is working fine on ALL other servers.

    OS version windows 2000 SP3

    Thanks for your help

  2. Re: Remote selection Problem on BE 9.0

    Tony,
    Try creating a new local account on the target server and give it local
    administrative privilidges. Then create a new logon account in veritas and
    see if you can connect to it that way.

    Simon Hall
    "akhater" wrote in message news:3f38eae2@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > I am running backupexec 9.0 and i have Remote agent installed on many

    server,
    > on only ONE of those servers i am unable to do a remote selection what i
    > want to backup, i am getting the following error message
    > Logon Account "System Logon Account" failed to access "\\ServerName"

    Access
    > is denied
    >
    > the be service account is member of the Domain admins group and of the

    local
    > adminsitrator group of the pc too... it is working fine on ALL other

    servers.

    > OS version windows 2000 SP3
    >
    > Thanks for your help

+ Reply to Thread