just detect a stand-alone drive and not a robotic library with Windows 2003 Hp dat40x6i - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on just detect a stand-alone drive and not a robotic library with Windows 2003 Hp dat40x6i - Veritas Backup Exec ; After install Veritas, just detect a stand-alone drive and not a robotic library. I have already checked the scsi id of the tape but nothing. I have already installed the latest driver's for hp dat40x6i....

  1. just detect a stand-alone drive and not a robotic library with Windows 2003 Hp dat40x6i

    After install Veritas, just detect a stand-alone drive and not a robotic library.
    I have already checked the scsi id of the tape but nothing.
    I have already installed the latest driver's for hp dat40x6i.

  2. Re: just detect a stand-alone drive and not a robotic library with Windows 2003 Hp dat40x6i

    Hello Albertino,

    I have same problem during last month, but still have not solved it. I have
    Compaq DDS Autoloader and BE recognizes it only as a stand-alone drive. But
    I still can give you some advices:

    1. Try to install BE with RSM disabled.
    2. Use only Veritas drivers
    3. Tape Drive should be empty

    Good luck...

    "Albertino" wrote in message

    > After install Veritas, just detect a stand-alone drive and not a robotic

    library.
    > I have already checked the scsi id of the tape but nothing.
    > I have already installed the latest driver's for hp dat40x6i.

+ Reply to Thread