Server rebooting during backup..... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Server rebooting during backup..... - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have been encountering something strange with one of my servers. Dell PowerEdge 2550 Win2K SP4, was SP3 with same problem... Backup Exec Version 9, latest build number. When I use either the Remote agent from another Backup Server ...

  1. Server rebooting during backup.....

    Hi,

    I have been encountering something strange with one of my servers.
    Dell PowerEdge 2550
    Win2K SP4, was SP3 with same problem...
    Backup Exec Version 9, latest build number.

    When I use either the Remote agent from another Backup Server or configure
    this server using the Backup Exec server software to back itself up it restarts.
    It will never restart the server at the same location, I have excluded folder
    trees from the root of the drive, in the backup process. I also swapped
    out the RAM the other night and received 1 good backup. The server never
    gives off a Dr. Watson and never writes any exception error to the event
    log. I can get a good backup using NTBackup everytime. The server never
    restarts at any other time other than during the backup process. It is the
    main file server for 200 users, a DHCP server, DNS server and a Domain Controller.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Darrin

  2. Re: Server rebooting during backup.....

    "Darrin Carter" wrote in message

    > When I use either the Remote agent from another Backup Server or configure
    > this server using the Backup Exec server software to back itself up it

    restarts.

    do you use open file option ? if you do try to disable it on the job just
    for testing.

+ Reply to Thread