errro backup up daily to tape drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on errro backup up daily to tape drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; hi, we backup to folder and tape every night, however the backup to tape has been failing every time for about a few weeks now. it only copmpletes a small portion of the data , and the job log says ...

  1. errro backup up daily to tape drive

    hi,
    we backup to folder and tape every night, however the backup to tape has
    been failing every time for about a few weeks now.
    it only copmpletes a small portion of the data , and the job log says , a
    bunch of 'cyclical redundancy errors', replace the tape, 'error writing to
    tape', this happens on all our tapes in the cycle.
    i've used the cleaning cartridge several times the other day.
    marc

    -----------------------------

  2. Re: errro backup up daily to tape drive

    "magic marc" wrote in message news:3f339ec2@ROSASTDMZ05

    > we backup to folder and tape every night, however the backup to tape has
    > been failing every time for about a few weeks now.
    > it only copmpletes a small portion of the data , and the job log says , a
    > bunch of 'cyclical redundancy errors', replace the tape, 'error writing to
    > tape', this happens on all our tapes in the cycle.
    > i've used the cleaning cartridge several times the other day.

    how used are the tapes and what type are they ?.

    cleaning tapes have around 20 uses try with a new one -if- the clean drive
    led is lit.

    If you reinstalled service packs or anything verify that you have the newest
    scsi driver for the controller that hosts your tape drive, and that you have
    a recent backup exec driver.

+ Reply to Thread