Cleaning Fail - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cleaning Fail - Veritas Backup Exec ; Greetings, Using Veritas 8.6 with compaq 20/40 gig tape drive. I am new at this, constantly getting cleaning fail messages. Any ideas? Thanks, -Manny....

  1. Cleaning Fail

    Greetings,

    Using Veritas 8.6 with compaq 20/40 gig tape drive.
    I am new at this, constantly getting cleaning fail messages.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    -Manny.

  2. Re: Cleaning Fail

    Assuming this is not a tape changer? Do you have a cleaning job setup to run
    automatically? Are you putting the cleaning tape in before the job runs?

    GaryK

    "Manny" wrote in message news:3f32c928@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > Greetings,
    >
    > Using Veritas 8.6 with compaq 20/40 gig tape drive.
    > I am new at this, constantly getting cleaning fail messages.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Manny.

+ Reply to Thread