Unable to install remote agent - invalid account - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to install remote agent - invalid account - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a network with a NT4 PDC and a number of NT4 BDC's. I have a W2K server with Backup Exec 8.5. From the W2K server I have installed Remote Agents to the NT4 servers without any problems at ...

  1. Unable to install remote agent - invalid account

    I have a network with a NT4 PDC and a number of NT4 BDC's. I have a W2K
    server with Backup Exec 8.5. From the W2K server I have installed Remote
    Agents to the NT4 servers without any problems at all.

    Now I have added a new W2K server to the network. From the W2K backup server
    I try to install a Remote Agent to the new W2K server. I get the following
    error:

    "The account name and/or password supplied is not valid.
    Please re-enter the login information and try again"

    I didn't get this error when I installed to the NT4 servers !!!!!!!!! Why do
    I get the error message when I install to a W2K server, and more important:
    What is the solution ? Please help.

  2. Re: Unable to install remote agent - invalid account

    "Peter Jensen" wrote in message

    > I have a network with a NT4 PDC and a number of NT4 BDC's. I have a W2K
    > server with Backup Exec 8.5. From the W2K server I have installed Remote
    > Agents to the NT4 servers without any problems at all.

    First off updatede to laterst 8.6 with patches its free

    > "The account name and/or password supplied is not valid.
    > Please re-enter the login information and try again"

    verify that you dont have other connection to the w2k box and use
    domain\user not user user for credentials

    If everything goes wrong copy the ntaa directory to the w2k box and run the
    setupaa.cmd from a cmd line when its done installing it will echo time/data

+ Reply to Thread