Full Recovery - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Full Recovery - Veritas Backup Exec ; Do you need to have the same hardware included in server to perform an IDR or can the hardware be different?...

  1. Full Recovery

    Do you need to have the same hardware included in server to perform an IDR
    or can the hardware be different?

  2. Re: Full Recovery

    Hi,

    You can only, restore to the same hardware, I have seen a bit software from
    www.cristie.co.uk what can use different hardware for a DR recovery. Looks
    like a good product. I think IBM are now using it. Its Called CBMR Crisite
    Bare Machine Recovery.

    I hope this helps?

    Johnny

    "Mike" wrote in message news:3f31167b@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Do you need to have the same hardware included in server to perform an IDR
    > or can the hardware be different?

  3. Re: Full Recovery

    I thought that you could restore to any hardware with IDR. As part of the
    IDR recovery processes you go through a full windows install to get the
    correct hardware drivers installed, then you bring back the files from the
    tape. When you do a system state restore, the process should leave certian
    keys (that control hardware) intact so you can restore to different
    hardware.

    Or thats my understanding anyway.

    Stephen

    "John Ashy" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > You can only, restore to the same hardware, I have seen a bit software

    from
    > www.cristie.co.uk what can use different hardware for a DR recovery. Looks
    > like a good product. I think IBM are now using it. Its Called CBMR Crisite
    > Bare Machine Recovery.
    >
    > I hope this helps?
    >
    > Johnny
    >
    > "Mike" wrote in message news:3f31167b@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > >
    > > Do you need to have the same hardware included in server to perform an

    IDR
    > > or can the hardware be different?

  4. Re: Full Recovery

    It can be restored to different hardware with several limitations - see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191461.htm
    for details.

    Regards,

    Pete Appleton

    "Stephen Woolhead" wrote:
    >I thought that you could restore to any hardware with IDR. As part of the
    >IDR recovery processes you go through a full windows install to get the
    >correct hardware drivers installed, then you bring back the files from the
    >tape. When you do a system state restore, the process should leave certian
    >keys (that control hardware) intact so you can restore to different
    >hardware.
    >
    >Or thats my understanding anyway.
    >
    >Stephen
    >

    >"John Ashy" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> You can only, restore to the same hardware, I have seen a bit software

    >from
    >> www.cristie.co.uk what can use different hardware for a DR recovery. Looks
    >> like a good product. I think IBM are now using it. Its Called CBMR Crisite
    >> Bare Machine Recovery.
    >>
    >> I hope this helps?
    >>
    >> Johnny
    >>
    >> "Mike" wrote in message news:3f31167b@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >> >
    >> > Do you need to have the same hardware included in server to perform

    an
    >IDR
    >> > or can the hardware be different?

+ Reply to Thread