Sloooow performance from a Surestore DLT80 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Sloooow performance from a Surestore DLT80 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have a backup server with a Surestore DLT80 tape drive attatched to it as well as a Quanntum ATL Valueloader. The server runs Win 2k Server with SP3 and I am using Backup Exec 9. On the Valueloader ...

  1. Sloooow performance from a Surestore DLT80

    Hi,

    I have a backup server with a Surestore DLT80 tape drive attatched to it
    as well as a Quanntum ATL Valueloader. The server runs Win 2k Server with
    SP3 and I am using Backup Exec 9.

    On the Valueloader i get Throughput rates of 100+mb / min. However on the
    Single HP Drive i only get rates of 10mb a min. i've looked for obvious
    things but can't seem to narrow it down.

    Does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing.

    Thanks

    James M

  2. Re: Sloooow performance from a Surestore DLT80

    James, had a similar issue, pls update your drivers for the scsi card the
    tape device is attatched and perform a backup, monitor and see the throughput.
    If this fails get the latest device drivers for the tape device and firmware.

    Hope this helps, Andrew

    "JamesM" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a backup server with a Surestore DLT80 tape drive attatched to it
    >as well as a Quanntum ATL Valueloader. The server runs Win 2k Server with
    >SP3 and I am using Backup Exec 9.
    >
    >On the Valueloader i get Throughput rates of 100+mb / min. However on the
    >Single HP Drive i only get rates of 10mb a min. i've looked for obvious
    >things but can't seem to narrow it down.
    >
    >Does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >James M

  3. Re: Sloooow performance from a Surestore DLT80

    Andrew,

    Will try that tonight. and let you know.

    Thanks

    James

    "Andrew Story" wrote:

    >James, had a similar issue, pls update your drivers for the scsi card the
    >tape device is attatched and perform a backup, monitor and see the throughput.
    > If this fails get the latest device drivers for the tape device and firmware.
    >
    >Hope this helps, Andrew
    >

    >"JamesM" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have a backup server with a Surestore DLT80 tape drive attatched to it
    >>as well as a Quanntum ATL Valueloader. The server runs Win 2k Server with
    >>SP3 and I am using Backup Exec 9.
    >>
    >>On the Valueloader i get Throughput rates of 100+mb / min. However on

    the
    >>Single HP Drive i only get rates of 10mb a min. i've looked for obvious
    >>things but can't seem to narrow it down.
    >>
    >>Does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>James M

  4. Re: Sloooow performance from a Surestore DLT80

    Hi,

    OK i updated the Scsi Drivers and Bios. and also the Drivers for the Surestore
    80 Drive

    However to no avail as I'm still getting only 10mb/min performance from
    the drive.

    Any Ideas?

    thanks

    James

    "JamesM" wrote:

    >Andrew,
    >
    >Will try that tonight. and let you know.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >James
    >
    >"Andrew Story" wrote:
    >>
    >>James, had a similar issue, pls update your drivers for the scsi card the
    >>tape device is attatched and perform a backup, monitor and see the throughput.
    >> If this fails get the latest device drivers for the tape device and firmware.
    >>
    >>Hope this helps, Andrew
    >>

    >>"JamesM" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I have a backup server with a Surestore DLT80 tape drive attatched to

    it
    >>>as well as a Quanntum ATL Valueloader. The server runs Win 2k Server

    with
    >>>SP3 and I am using Backup Exec 9.
    >>>
    >>>On the Valueloader i get Throughput rates of 100+mb / min. However on

    >the
    >>>Single HP Drive i only get rates of 10mb a min. i've looked for obvious
    >>>things but can't seem to narrow it down.
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>James M

  5. Re: Sloooow performance from a Surestore DLT80

    Bad drive, compression chip probably blew up

    "JamesM" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a backup server with a Surestore DLT80 tape drive attatched to it
    >as well as a Quanntum ATL Valueloader. The server runs Win 2k Server with
    >SP3 and I am using Backup Exec 9.
    >
    >On the Valueloader i get Throughput rates of 100+mb / min. However on the
    >Single HP Drive i only get rates of 10mb a min. i've looked for obvious
    >things but can't seem to narrow it down.
    >
    >Does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >James M

+ Reply to Thread