Problem to backup Oracle 8.1.6 with BE 9.0 Rev 4454 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem to backup Oracle 8.1.6 with BE 9.0 Rev 4454 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I have installed Win2000 SP4 with BE 9.0 Rev. 4454 and Oracle Agent. I have created a dba user in Oracle and set DB on "Database log mode Archive Mode --- Automatic archival Enabled". When I try to make ...

  1. Problem to backup Oracle 8.1.6 with BE 9.0 Rev 4454

    Hello,

    I have installed Win2000 SP4 with BE 9.0 Rev. 4454 and Oracle Agent.
    I have created a dba user in Oracle and set DB on "Database log mode
    Archive Mode --- Automatic archival Enabled".
    When I try to make a Backup, I can select table and ARCHIVE/CONTROL FILE
    of DB but I receive this Message: "Unable to attach to ORACLE_W204/OPTIW97".
    I have tryed with SYS account without result.
    Nobody know how can I resolve my problem?

    Thank
    Giovanni

  2. Re: Problem to backup Oracle 8.1.6 with BE 9.0 Rev 4454

    You have to set up the same password on:
    - BackupExec oracle agent,
    - default attachment network password
    - ORACLE DB ACCOUNT

    The name of accounts can be different

    bye
    Gio

    "Giovanni" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have installed Win2000 SP4 with BE 9.0 Rev. 4454 and Oracle Agent.
    >I have created a dba user in Oracle and set DB on "Database log mode

    > Archive Mode --- Automatic archival Enabled".
    >When I try to make a Backup, I can select table and ARCHIVE/CONTROL FILE
    > of DB but I receive this Message: "Unable to attach to ORACLE_W204/OPTIW97".
    >I have tryed with SYS account without result.
    >Nobody know how can I resolve my problem?
    >
    >Thank
    >Giovanni

+ Reply to Thread