Cataloging a tape. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cataloging a tape. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have ran inventory on a tape, that went pretty fast. When i try to catalog it i seems that nothing happends in the activity monitor. It says "Running" but it doesnt show anything in "Percent Complete" or "Byte Count". ...

  1. Cataloging a tape.

    I have ran inventory on a tape, that went pretty fast. When i try to catalog
    it i seems that nothing happends in the activity monitor. It says "Running"
    but it doesnt show anything in "Percent Complete" or "Byte Count". Its been
    running for 30 minutes now. My simple question is, shold this take so long?

  2. Re: Cataloging a tape.

    Vidar,

    in 'options', 'catalog', did you check 'media based catalogs'
    (? = Mediengestuetzte Kataloge verwenden)?

    :-) Andreas

    "Vidar Hansen" wrote:

    >I have ran inventory on a tape, that went pretty fast. When i try to catalog
    >it i seems that nothing happends in the activity monitor. It says "Running"
    >but it doesnt show anything in "Percent Complete" or "Byte Count". Its been
    >running for 30 minutes now. My simple question is, shold this take so long?

+ Reply to Thread