Read Receipts failing - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Read Receipts failing - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a system that is running Backup Exec 8.6 with the exchange agent. The job is set to backup individual mailboxes. The job is failing every night because it cannot backup items in the mailboxes. Looking at the logs, ...

  1. Read Receipts failing

    I have a system that is running Backup Exec 8.6 with the exchange agent.
    The job is set to backup individual mailboxes. The job is failing every
    night because it cannot backup items in the mailboxes. Looking at the logs,
    they are all Read Receipts. It states file cannot verify. Other than that,
    the job runs fine. Is there a way to fix this other than unchecking all
    read receipts from the job?

    Thanks,

    Mario Lopez

  2. Re: Read Receipts failing

    "Mario Lopez" wrote in message
    > I have a system that is running Backup Exec 8.6 with the exchange agent.
    > The job is set to backup individual mailboxes. The job is failing every
    > night because it cannot backup items in the mailboxes. Looking at the

    logs,
    > they are all Read Receipts. It states file cannot verify. Other than

    that,
    > the job runs fine. Is there a way to fix this other than unchecking all
    > read receipts from the job?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mario Lopez

    Hi Mario,

    Are you using any email "firewall" software, such as GFI Mail
    Essentials/Mail Security!

    I had the same issue, when using Mail Security v7.0.

    The fix i found was to disable macro scanning for the norman antivirus, in
    the email threat engine.
    This was after speaking to GFI support.

    Paul

  3. Re: Read Receipts failing

    There isn't any firewall or antivirus software running on the exchange
    database.

    Mario

    "Paul Ovey" wrote in message

    > "Mario Lopez" wrote in message
    > > I have a system that is running Backup Exec 8.6 with the exchange agent.
    > > The job is set to backup individual mailboxes. The job is failing every
    > > night because it cannot backup items in the mailboxes. Looking at the

    > logs,
    > > they are all Read Receipts. It states file cannot verify. Other than

    > that,
    > > the job runs fine. Is there a way to fix this other than unchecking all
    > > read receipts from the job?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mario Lopez
    > >

    > Hi Mario,
    >
    > Are you using any email "firewall" software, such as GFI Mail
    > Essentials/Mail Security!
    >
    > I had the same issue, when using Mail Security v7.0.
    >
    > The fix i found was to disable macro scanning for the norman antivirus,

    in
    > the email threat engine.
    > This was after speaking to GFI support.
    >
    > Paul