Connection to the restore target has been lost (SharePoint) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Connection to the restore target has been lost (SharePoint) - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a W2K SP3 server with SharePoint only (SP2a). I needed a file restored so I configured another server with a working SharePoint and did a redirect. I do diff and full backups and they are all successfull. When ...

  1. Connection to the restore target has been lost (SharePoint)

    I have a W2K SP3 server with SharePoint only (SP2a). I needed a file restored
    so I configured another server with a working SharePoint and did a redirect.
    I do diff and full backups and they are all successfull. When I get to 99%
    of the restore this is the message I get: I have also tried three other tapes
    with successful backups but they all fail in the end. Please advise.

    Restoring data to \\BTASTEST1\Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server .

    Storage Media #2: " BTAS2 BTAS Corp Full Tues 6/10/2003 9:00:03 PM "
    Backup performed on 6/11/2003 at 9:13 AM
    Backup set #9: " BTAS Corp Full Tues "
    Restore started on 6/25/2003 at 3:20:42 PM.
    Connection to the restore target has been lost. Operation canceled.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Restore completed on 6/25/2003 at 3:58:04 PM.
    1 item was skipped.
    Processed 4,294,963,184 bytes in 37 minutes and 22 seconds.
    Throughput rate: 109.6 MB/min

  2. Re: Connection to the restore target has been lost (SharePoint)

    "Jackie Butler" wrote:
    >I have veritas 8.6 ver 3878 with all hot fixes. The redirected server is

    a basic W2K server with SP3.
    >I have a W2K SP3 server with SharePoint only (SP2a). I needed a file restored
    >so I configured another server with a working SharePoint and did a redirect.
    >I do diff and full backups and they are all successfull. When I get to 99%
    >of the restore this is the message I get: I have also tried three other

    tapes
    >with successful backups but they all fail in the end. Please advise.
    >
    >Restoring data to \\BTASTEST1\Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server .
    >
    >Storage Media #2: " BTAS2 BTAS Corp Full Tues 6/10/2003 9:00:03 PM "
    >Backup performed on 6/11/2003 at 9:13 AM
    >Backup set #9: " BTAS Corp Full Tues "
    >Restore started on 6/25/2003 at 3:20:42 PM.
    >Connection to the restore target has been lost. Operation canceled.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    >Restore completed on 6/25/2003 at 3:58:04 PM.
    >1 item was skipped.
    >Processed 4,294,963,184 bytes in 37 minutes and 22 seconds.
    >Throughput rate: 109.6 MB/min

+ Reply to Thread