Exchange Message Transfer Agent causing Backup Exec not to run - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange Message Transfer Agent causing Backup Exec not to run - Veritas Backup Exec ; My scheduled backup is failing to start due to an exchange error. All scheduling is correct. Each night just as the backup is about to start a MS Exchange Message Transfer Agent error is generated. Event ID 290. A non-delivery ...

  1. Exchange Message Transfer Agent causing Backup Exec not to run

    My scheduled backup is failing to start due to an exchange error.
    All scheduling is correct. Each night just as the backup is about to start
    a MS Exchange Message Transfer Agent error is generated. Event ID 290. A
    non-delivery report. Has anyone come across this before.
    Am using NT4(SBS 4.5)), Backup Exec 7.3 for SBS.
    Any pointers would be gratefully received
    Many Thanks

  2. Re: Exchange Message Transfer Agent causing Backup Exec not to run

    Hey check this and see if it helps

    http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=290&source=

    "Jack Tickler" wrote in message

    > My scheduled backup is failing to start due to an exchange error.
    > All scheduling is correct. Each night just as the backup is about to

    start
    > a MS Exchange Message Transfer Agent error is generated. Event ID 290. A
    > non-delivery report. Has anyone come across this before.
    > Am using NT4(SBS 4.5)), Backup Exec 7.3 for SBS.
    > Any pointers would be gratefully received
    > Many Thanks

+ Reply to Thread