Outlook errors - Help Please! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Outlook errors - Help Please! - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have been using Backup Exec 9.0 for a couple of weeks. I have installed the latest service pack and updated the program. We keep our users' pst files on our fileserver for redundancy, and these files are part of ...

  1. Outlook errors - Help Please!

    We have been using Backup Exec 9.0 for a couple of weeks. I have installed
    the
    latest service pack and updated the program.
    We keep our users' pst files on our fileserver for redundancy, and these
    files are part of the nightly backup. The OFO is turned on.
    Lately, users have been getting "could not save to pst - close and reopen
    all mail enabled programs" At first I thought it was a problem w/ Outlook
    (XP), or the pst files. I have scanned multiple pst files (for the most part
    found no errors), uninstalled and reinstalled Office and even rebuilt 2 pst
    files from scratch.
    The only thing different that has occurred prior to these problems was installing
    Backup Exec 9.0
    What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!

  2. Re: Outlook errors - Help Please!

    Make sure that your Outlook is not open while performing backup. Also close
    all messages before performing backup. I had the same problem but backup
    works after Outlook is closed, even when the OFO is enabled.

    You can also check if the backup is performed of the pst files. There are
    chances that BE tries to lock the files while performing backup. Try to save
    the files after the backup has been performed. This might be another option.

    Let me know whether the problem is intermittent or occuring only to a particular
    user .

    Amy

    "Jamie Rollins" wrote:

    >We have been using Backup Exec 9.0 for a couple of weeks. I have installed
    >the
    >latest service pack and updated the program.
    >We keep our users' pst files on our fileserver for redundancy, and these
    >files are part of the nightly backup. The OFO is turned on.
    >Lately, users have been getting "could not save to pst - close and reopen
    >all mail enabled programs" At first I thought it was a problem w/ Outlook
    >(XP), or the pst files. I have scanned multiple pst files (for the most

    part
    >found no errors), uninstalled and reinstalled Office and even rebuilt 2

    pst
    >files from scratch.
    >The only thing different that has occurred prior to these problems was installing
    >Backup Exec 9.0
    >What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!

  3. Re: Outlook errors - Help Please!

    "Jamie Rollins" wrote:

    >We have been using Backup Exec 9.0 for a couple of weeks. I have installed
    >the
    >latest service pack and updated the program.
    >We keep our users' pst files on our fileserver for redundancy, and these
    >files are part of the nightly backup. The OFO is turned on.
    >Lately, users have been getting "could not save to pst - close and reopen
    >all mail enabled programs" At first I thought it was a problem w/ Outlook
    >(XP), or the pst files. I have scanned multiple pst files (for the most

    part
    >found no errors), uninstalled and reinstalled Office and even rebuilt 2

    pst
    >files from scratch.
    >The only thing different that has occurred prior to these problems was installing
    >Backup Exec 9.0
    >What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!

+ Reply to Thread