Making Backups with IPX/SPX in NT Enviroment - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Making Backups with IPX/SPX in NT Enviroment - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there any way to make BackupExec 9.0 use IPX/SPX instead of TCP/IP in a NT/2000 environment? We do not have a Novell server so I can't figure out how to get the Remote Agent for Netware to install on ...

  1. Making Backups with IPX/SPX in NT Enviroment

    Is there any way to make BackupExec 9.0 use IPX/SPX instead of TCP/IP in a
    NT/2000 environment? We do not have a Novell server so I can't figure out
    how to get the Remote Agent for Netware to install on a server. I assume
    that the Netware agent is needed in order to make Remote backups with
    IPX/SPX. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Making Backups with IPX/SPX in NT Enviroment

    Can you not install the NWLINK IPX... protocol to the appropriate network
    interface? Should be an option for the properties of the LAN connection and
    click Install and click Protocol.

    Alex Moore

    "Motley" wrote in message news:3ee4c92f$1@hronntp01....
    > Is there any way to make BackupExec 9.0 use IPX/SPX instead of TCP/IP in a
    > NT/2000 environment? We do not have a Novell server so I can't figure out
    > how to get the Remote Agent for Netware to install on a server. I assume
    > that the Netware agent is needed in order to make Remote backups with
    > IPX/SPX. Any help would be appreciated.

  3. Re: Making Backups with IPX/SPX in NT Enviroment

    I have IPX installed but the Agent for NetWare won't see the server to
    install the agent. IPX is working perfectly fine I just can't get BackupExec
    to use it.

    "Alex Moore" wrote in message
    > Can you not install the NWLINK IPX... protocol to the appropriate network
    > interface? Should be an option for the properties of the LAN connection

    and
    > click Install and click Protocol.
    >
    > Alex Moore
    >
    > "Motley" wrote in message news:3ee4c92f$1@hronntp01....
    > > Is there any way to make BackupExec 9.0 use IPX/SPX instead of TCP/IP in

    > > NT/2000 environment? We do not have a Novell server so I can't figure

    out
    > > how to get the Remote Agent for Netware to install on a server. I assume
    > > that the Netware agent is needed in order to make Remote backups with
    > > IPX/SPX. Any help would be appreciated.

  4. Re: Making Backups with IPX/SPX in NT Enviroment

    May be a silly question, but ..

    If you are not connecting to a Novell server, only NT/W2k, Why would
    you want to use IPX/SPX rather than TCP/IP??

    Motley wrote:

    >I have IPX installed but the Agent for NetWare won't see the server to
    >install the agent. IPX is working perfectly fine I just can't get BackupExec
    >to use it.
    >
    >"Alex Moore" wrote in message
    >

    >>Can you not install the NWLINK IPX... protocol to the appropriate network
    >>interface? Should be an option for the properties of the LAN connection
    >>

    >and
    >

    >>click Install and click Protocol.
    >>
    >>Alex Moore
    >>
    >>"Motley" wrote in message news:3ee4c92f$1@hronntp01....
    >>

    >>>Is there any way to make BackupExec 9.0 use IPX/SPX instead of TCP/IP in

    >>>NT/2000 environment? We do not have a Novell server so I can't figure
    >>>

    >out
    >

    >>>how to get the Remote Agent for Netware to install on a server. I assume
    >>>that the Netware agent is needed in order to make Remote backups with
    >>>IPX/SPX. Any help would be appreciated.

  5. Re: Making Backups with IPX/SPX in NT Enviroment

    "Motley" wrote in message news:3ee4c92f$1@hronntp01....
    > We do not have a Novell server so I can't figure out
    > how to get the Remote Agent for Netware to install on a server.

    Is that typo? You do or DO NOT have a Novell server?

    > I assume
    > that the Netware agent is needed in order to make Remote backups with
    > IPX/SPX. Any help would be appreciated.

    Why use IPX/SPX if you don't have Novell Netware servers?

  6. Re: Making Backups with IPX/SPX in NT Enviroment

    We DO NOT have a Novell server. I went back to Backup Exec 8.6 and I am able
    to backup all the servers via IPX with no problems but for some reason v9.0
    doesn't work. I want to use IPX because we monitor IP traffic on our network
    and the IPX traffic doesn't show up.

    "Ron" wrote in message
    > "Motley" wrote in message news:3ee4c92f$1@hronntp01....
    > > We do not have a Novell server so I can't figure out
    > > how to get the Remote Agent for Netware to install on a server.

    > Is that typo? You do or DO NOT have a Novell server?
    >
    > > I assume
    > > that the Netware agent is needed in order to make Remote backups with
    > > IPX/SPX. Any help would be appreciated.
    > >

    > Why use IPX/SPX if you don't have Novell Netware servers?

+ Reply to Thread