This is a discussion on "Loading Media" - Veritas Backup Exec ; When ever I try to run a backup, It gets stuck on "loading media" and never moves from there. Also when I do a test run on the backup. It will stop with the error " insufficiant online media". I ...

    When ever I try to run a backup, It gets stuck on "loading media" and never
    moves from there. Also when I do a test run on the backup. It will stop
    with the error " insufficiant online media". I also can't erase the media.
    It always shows my media having a capicity of zero, when they are really
    100 Gig LTO tapes. This is a new install of Veritas 9.0, and we are using
    the HP 5052 tape library.

    I may have missed something in the configuration, or is there a patch for
    Veritas 9.0 that may resolve this problem?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: "Loading Media"

    Hi Jay:

    infinite.

    Goto >> Media Tab >> right click on the Media Set 1 and from drop down list
    select the "Hours" tab and set the value as "0" (zero) hours

    click okay to save the changes.

    Qucik erase the media and run backup job. It shoud work without any
    problems.

    In case it again stuck in "loading media" check the alert tab for any active
    alerts.

    Also check the build, latest is 4454, if not update to the latest.

    RB

    "Jay" wrote in message news:3ee499e8$1@hronntp01....

    > When ever I try to run a backup, It gets stuck on "loading media" and

    never
    > moves from there. Also when I do a test run on the backup. It will stop
    > with the error " insufficiant online media". I also can't erase the

    media.
    > It always shows my media having a capicity of zero, when they are really
    > 100 Gig LTO tapes. This is a new install of Veritas 9.0, and we are using
    > the HP 5052 tape library.
    >
    > I may have missed something in the configuration, or is there a patch for
    > Veritas 9.0 that may resolve this problem?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

  3. Re: "Loading Media"

    Why on earth wouild you want to totally bypass one of the reasons for
    paying for a tape backup system (tape management, that is) ???

    Just set the expiration period so that tapes expire before they are due
    to be reused. Or mount the tape(s) you want to use, inventory then drag
    to the scratch set.

    RB wrote:

    >Hi Jay:

    >infinite.
    >
    >Goto >> Media Tab >> right click on the Media Set 1 and from drop down list
    >select the "Hours" tab and set the value as "0" (zero) hours
    >
    >click okay to save the changes.
    >
    >Qucik erase the media and run backup job. It shoud work without any
    >problems.
    >
    >In case it again stuck in "loading media" check the alert tab for any active
    >alerts.
    >
    >Also check the build, latest is 4454, if not update to the latest.
    >
    >RB
    >

    >"Jay" wrote in message news:3ee499e8$1@hronntp01....
    >

    >>When ever I try to run a backup, It gets stuck on "loading media" and
    >>

    >never
    >

    >>moves from there. Also when I do a test run on the backup. It will stop
    >>with the error " insufficiant online media". I also can't erase the
    >>

    >media.
    >

    >> It always shows my media having a capicity of zero, when they are really
    >>100 Gig LTO tapes. This is a new install of Veritas 9.0, and we are using
    >>the HP 5052 tape library.
    >>
    >>I may have missed something in the configuration, or is there a patch for
    >>Veritas 9.0 that may resolve this problem?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread