"to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select shadow copy components for backup." - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select shadow copy components for backup." - Veritas Backup Exec ; My backups are showing failed status but the byte count looks right. The log shows: I get the error "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select shadow copy components for backup." final error code a000fefc hex completed status ...

  1. "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select shadow copy components for backup."

    My backups are showing failed status but the byte count looks right.

    The log shows:
    I get the error "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select shadow
    copy components for backup."
    final error code a000fefc hex
    completed status failed.

    When I go to change the job i get this message:

    "system state is selected but cannot be found on server . if
    this server has been upgraded to windows server 2003 or later remove this
    selection and then select shadow copy components to fully protect your server.
    Do you want to remove the system state selection?"

    I select Yes.

    I look at the job selections and I see the following selected:

    shadow copy componots
    \------system state
    \------user data
    \------server state

    All are selected.

    What do I need to select/deselect to get these jobs to complete without errors,
    while "fully protecting my server"?

    Thanks

  2. Re: "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select shadow copy components for backup."

    I have the same problem. I think you (and me) need to install AOFO to be able
    to get this up and running.
    Look at this link:

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...2f258861%2ehtm

    To be able to select these things in BE9 Advanced Options you need an AOFO
    serial (I think).

    "Fred Bloggs" wrote:

    >My backups are showing failed status but the byte count looks right.
    >
    >The log shows:
    >I get the error "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select shadow
    >copy components for backup."
    >final error code a000fefc hex
    >completed status failed.
    >
    >When I go to change the job i get this message:
    >
    >"system state is selected but cannot be found on server . if
    >this server has been upgraded to windows server 2003 or later remove this
    >selection and then select shadow copy components to fully protect your server.
    >Do you want to remove the system state selection?"
    >
    >I select Yes.
    >
    >I look at the job selections and I see the following selected:
    >
    >shadow copy componots
    > \------system state
    > \------user data
    > \------server state
    >
    >All are selected.
    >
    >What do I need to select/deselect to get these jobs to complete without

    errors,
    >while "fully protecting my server"?
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Re: "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select shadow copy components for backup."

    I assume that you are referring to BEWS9. If not, forget this reply.

    Check the build in Help - About. It must be Rev 4454. AOFO is required for
    Windows Server 2003 only if you want to use OFO or Windows 2003 Shadow Copy
    service on volumes other than the basic Shadow Copy Components.

    Alex Moore

    "Magne Stamnes" wrote in message

    > I have the same problem. I think you (and me) need to install AOFO to be

    able
    > to get this up and running.
    > Look at this link:

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...2f258861%2ehtm

    > To be able to select these things in BE9 Advanced Options you need an AOFO
    > serial (I think).
    >

    > "Fred Bloggs" wrote:
    > >
    > >My backups are showing failed status but the byte count looks right.
    > >
    > >The log shows:
    > >I get the error "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select

    shadow
    > >copy components for backup."
    > >final error code a000fefc hex
    > >completed status failed.
    > >
    > >When I go to change the job i get this message:
    > >
    > >"system state is selected but cannot be found on server . if
    > >this server has been upgraded to windows server 2003 or later remove this
    > >selection and then select shadow copy components to fully protect your

    server.
    > >Do you want to remove the system state selection?"
    > >
    > >I select Yes.
    > >
    > >I look at the job selections and I see the following selected:
    > >
    > >shadow copy componots
    > > \------system state
    > > \------user data
    > > \------server state
    > >
    > >All are selected.
    > >
    > >What do I need to select/deselect to get these jobs to complete without

    > errors,
    > >while "fully protecting my server"?
    > >
    > >Thanks

  4. Re: "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select shadow copy components for backup."

    Open the selections and select the TEXT view. Then delete the line that has
    SYSTEM STATE in it. This happened to me also. No errors anymore.

    alan

    > I have the same problem. I think you (and me) need to install AOFO to be

    able
    > to get this up and running.
    > Look at this link:

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...2f258861%2ehtm

    > To be able to select these things in BE9 Advanced Options you need an AOFO
    > serial (I think).
    >

    > "Fred Bloggs" wrote:
    > >
    > >My backups are showing failed status but the byte count looks right.
    > >
    > >The log shows:
    > >I get the error "to fully protect Windows server 2003, you must select

    shadow
    > >copy components for backup."
    > >final error code a000fefc hex
    > >completed status failed.
    > >
    > >When I go to change the job i get this message:
    > >
    > >"system state is selected but cannot be found on server . if
    > >this server has been upgraded to windows server 2003 or later remove this
    > >selection and then select shadow copy components to fully protect your

    server.
    > >Do you want to remove the system state selection?"
    > >
    > >I select Yes.
    > >
    > >I look at the job selections and I see the following selected:
    > >
    > >shadow copy componots
    > > \------system state
    > > \------user data
    > > \------server state
    > >
    > >All are selected.
    > >
    > >What do I need to select/deselect to get these jobs to complete without

    > errors,
    > >while "fully protecting my server"?
    > >
    > >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread