error message about readme file - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on error message about readme file - Veritas Backup Exec ; All of a sudden when I try to install BE ver8.6 bld 3878 from a burned CD, I get the error message during the file copy "Cannot copy Readme file". I have used this same CD numerous times with no ...

  1. error message about readme file

    All of a sudden when I try to install BE ver8.6 bld 3878 from a burned CD,
    I get the error message during the file copy "Cannot copy Readme file".
    I have used this same CD numerous times with no problem. I even downloaded
    the product again, burned a new CD and got same results. You would think
    you could just say OK and no big deal, but the problem comes in with a later
    error you get trying to create the IDR ISO file. The error basically says
    it cannot find the atapi.sys file in the Winnt folder. It's definitely there.

    Computer specs: Windows 2000, sp2, sp2sec rollup.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: error message about readme file

    Please tell where exactly do you get these error messages.
    Do you already have BE installed?
    send the screenshots if possible.

    "Alice" wrote in message

    > All of a sudden when I try to install BE ver8.6 bld 3878 from a burned CD,
    > I get the error message during the file copy "Cannot copy Readme file".
    > I have used this same CD numerous times with no problem. I even

    downloaded
    > the product again, burned a new CD and got same results. You would think
    > you could just say OK and no big deal, but the problem comes in with a

    later
    > error you get trying to create the IDR ISO file. The error basically says
    > it cannot find the atapi.sys file in the Winnt folder. It's definitely

    there.

    > Computer specs: Windows 2000, sp2, sp2sec rollup.
    >
    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread