Updated V9 rev. 4454 available - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Updated V9 rev. 4454 available - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi. Veritas har released a new revision 4454 of V9...

  1. Updated V9 rev. 4454 available

    Hi.
    Veritas har released a new revision 4454 of V9

  2. Re: Updated V9 rev. 4454 available

    What kind of updates bug fixes in this revison ?

    "JanC" wrote in message
    > Hi.
    > Veritas har released a new revision 4454 of V9

  3. Re: Updated V9 rev. 4454 available

    This is a total bug fix since initial release:

    VERITAS Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers revision 4367 Release Notes

    Installation and Configuration

    2058317 - New options (serial numbers) can be installed without having to
    reinstall Backup Exec
    2046831 - Backup Exec uses Microsoft MSDE 2000 as its underlying database
    (Backup Exec will install to SQL 2000 if present)
    2064991 - Backup Exec supports Windows XP Home edition
    2060164 - The Backup Exec installation now provide a link to the
    installation log file to aid in troubleshooting installation failures
    2067876 - The Backup Exec Remote Agent installation now provide a link to
    the installation log file "bepushes.log" to aid in troubleshooting
    installation failures
    2065801 - The Backup Exec installation now recognizes a Windows XP
    "force-guest" configuration
    2039295 - Added the ability to clone (copy) an installation of Backup Exec
    to other computers

    Backup Exec User Interface (UI)

    2061725 - Fixed issue where the Activity Monitor would display the job's
    start time 1 hour later than what was stated in the job log
    2062043 - Fixed issue where Remote Administrator installed on a Windows XP
    computer would display times from 1 hour in the future
    2031659 - Backup Exec now allows the user to decide which columns are
    displayed throughout Backup Exec.
    2031658 - Backup Exec now allows the user to change the column ordering
    within Backup Exec.
    2056079 - Backup Exec no longer displays the Backup Exec Assistant on UI
    startup
    2039486 - Backup Exec now displays the Overwrite and Append period for media
    based on the date/time when the media can be used instead of the number of
    Overwrite and Append Period hours left
    2025458 - Backup Exec now has a Backup Exec Service Manager that allows
    users to stop/start the Backup Exec services as well as change the user
    listed in the Backup Exec services
    2045884 - Tools Tips now inform the user why items cannot be selected for
    backup
    2049815 - Resolved issue where the Remote Administrator failed to gray out
    the Online Registration
    2064982 - Backup Exec Login Accounts have replaced the Backup Exec password
    database ("Attach As" and "Set Default Attach Info" options) from Backup
    Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000 v8.x
    0000000 - Added "Tool Tips" throughout the Backup Exec User Interface
    2039512 - Backup Exec now provides information about the latest version via
    an "Information Desk"
    2061564 - Added a Media Set wizard

    Backup and Restore

    2057389 - Resolved issue where Selection Lists were not being deleted when a
    Job Definition was deleted
    2059426 - Backup Exec now displays scheduled, active and completed jobs in a
    Calendar view
    2065133 - Fixed issue where renaming a Backup-to-Disk media resulted in
    Application Error
    2055990 - Additional Pre- and Post- commands are now available in the Backup
    Exec UI
    2055693 - Clarified Cleaning Job screen to indicate that cleaning jobs
    should only be used on robotic libraries
    2045868 - All jobs can now be prioritized
    2059817 - Selection List names can now be renamed
    2058318 - Job templates can be created so common settings can be shared
    between jobs
    2058316 - Properties of a job (job settings) can now be printed
    2059484 - Properties of a job (selection list) can now be printed
    2038344 - Backup Exec allows the user to select the "Specified Backup
    Network" per backup and restore job
    2062950 - Backup Exec now allows wildcards in advanced selection lists
    2060419 - Backup Exec allows the user to test run a backup job
    2063126 - Backup Exec allows the user to copy backup sets from one backup
    device to another backup device
    2066188 - Backup Exec allows users to backup NAS devices without using RAWS
    via "User-defined shares"
    2062840 - Fixed issue where restores to remote computers were not restoring
    the encryption attribute on directories
    2059646 - Resolved issue where restoring data to Windows XP Professional was
    extremely slow
    2002521 - Utility jobs can now be scheduled
    2038595 - Added a "Job Summary" window after the creation of a backup job
    2061344 - Fixed issue where a copy backup of the System State did not
    truncate the Active Directory log files
    2054188 - Backup Exec can now backup through a Firewall
    2058774 - Fixed issue where Backup Exec could not restore an appended job
    from an Arcserve tape
    2045563 - Pre- and Post- commands can now be run on remote computers during
    backup and restore operations
    2060519 - Fixed issue where Backup Exec could not browse directories part of
    DFS

    Documentation / Error Messages / Job Logs

    2057275 - Job logs have been enhanced (color-coded, collapsible sections,
    and errors listed at the end of the job log)
    2065723 - In the Job Log, the "Media Name" has been changed to "Family Name"
    2064444 - Fixed issue where the Backup Exec v8.6 Administrator's Guide
    stated incorrect values for "Compression_Type"
    2059012 - Fixed issue in the Japanese documentation regarding the BEMCMD
    switch "-o90"
    2056968 - Fixed issue where the BEMCMD switches for retension tape and
    Labeling tapes were incorrect
    2019600 - The job log now includes an error section at the bottom of the job
    log
    2038353 - The job log now includes summary information on the "Job Summary"
    tab
    2057789 - Added information has been added to the error message "The media
    provided to continue the backup already ..."
    2044017 - Fixed issue where the cluster restore procedures in the Backup
    Exec Administrator's Guide was incorrect
    2048899 - The job log now reports the folder where "In-use files" are
    located

    Alerts/Notification

    2057506 - Fixed issue where the wrong notification was removed
    2059090 - Fixed issue where the "Sent" and "Receive Time" for SMTP
    notifications had a 13 hours difference in Outlook 2000
    2057694 - Fixed issue where the "+" sign in timezone information was missing
    from the "Sent" time in SMTP notification
    2058347 - Added a circuit breaker feature to notification that lets the user
    limit the number of notifications sent
    2060799 - Fixed issue where job specific notification was randomly sent
    2045116 - SMTP notification can now includes the job log
    2056024 - Added feature that allows the user to clear information alerts
    after a specified amount of time
    2044877 - Information alerts are now easier to differentiate from other
    alert types
    2051026 - Fixed issue where print notification failed to print the correct
    information from the job log

    Reports

    2058341 - Added a media predictability report
    2059234 - Fixed issue where the Robotic Library Inventory Report reported
    "Error in formula"
    2050182 - Added a report that sorts the media in all media sets by the
    overwrite protection period
    2039487 - Added the ability to schedule reports and send the report as a
    notification (Requires Admin Plus Pack Option)
    2063929 - Fixed issue where the Total Backup Amount (MB) in the Backup Set
    Report was wrong

    Backup Exec - Command Line Applet (BEMCMD.EXE)

    2060058 - Fixed issue where in the "-s" switch for BEMCMD -o103's did not
    work
    2036968 - BEMCMD can now run an inventory of a standalone tape drive
    2060187 - BEMCMD can now label media in a robotic library
    2062469 - BEMCMD can now perform restore operations
    2057180 - BEMCMD can now report which slots contain tapes
    2065900 - BEMCMD can now list media set names
    2068975 - BEMCMD -o506 now outputs more job schedule information
    2065893 - BEMCMD can now delete scheduled job based on Job ID
    2054907 - Fixed issue where "BACKUP_LOCAL_MOUNT_POINTS=NO" did not work
    2056970 - BEMCMD can now erase, label and eject tapes in library slots
    (other utility operations are also available)
    2038286 - Fixed issue where utility jobs ran only on the first slot of a
    library partition
    2042876 - BEMCMD can now designate cleaning slots is a library
    2057464 - BEMCMD allows the user to specify end time of a scheduled backup

    Backup Exec - Advanced Open File Option (AOFO)

    2060399 - Multiple locations for the OFO static file can be specified by the
    user

    Backup Exec - Intelligent Image Option (IIO)

    2054501 - Fixed "Invalid Handle" errors on IIO restores

    Backup Exec - Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR)

    2056353 - Fixed issue where IDR reported the error "Backup Exec components
    detected, version (0.0.0.0)" during remote restores
    2053652 - Fixed issue where updating the IDR bootable media disks for a
    remote computer put in the wrong computer name
    2056239 - Fixed issue where the IDR Alternate Data Path was not saved after
    running the IDR Configuration Wizard
    2056273 - Fixed issue where clicking the "Save" button in Disk Configuration
    Report caused the IDR wizard to hang
    2049123 - IDR now displays the list of DR files and the date/time the DR
    file was updated
    2056670 - Fixed issue where there was no choice for selecting local or
    remote connection in the IDR Wizard
    2050972 - Fixed issue where creating IDR floppies displayed the error "OS
    type was not determined" on French Windows 2000 Professional computers
    2046600 - Fixed issue where the computer's network configuration did not get
    restored
    2056253 - Fixed issue where the IDR recovery changed the "Created" and
    "Modified" times of the files being restore to the current time zone

    Backup Exec - Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server

    2058118 - Fixed issue where the Site Replication Service (SRS) reports an
    error if a differential backup was performed
    2053124 - Fixed issue where a failure to attach to Exchange mailboxes gave
    no error message
    2064985 - Mailbox backups no longer require the MAPI client
    2056287 - Differential and incremental backups of Exchange mailboxes can now
    be performed
    2060007 - Fixed issue where Exchange mailbox backups were not releasing
    connections
    2054150 - Fixed issue where Exchange mailboxes could not be backed up after
    being moved to a different Information Store
    2045240 - An "Agent is initializing" message was added to beginning of
    Exchange or SQL backups in the job log
    2056320 - Fixed issue where Remote Agent for Windows NT (RANT) did not
    support backing up Exchange and SQL in a cluster
    2054386 - Fixed issue where the Temporary Location for Exchange restores
    were not saved
    2057504 - Fixed issue where backing up an Exchange 2000 server in a cluster
    produced errors in Windows Event Viewer
    2052401 - Fixed issue where selecting a mailbox in Restore Selections
    displayed "None" for folders
    2038352 - Added the ability to globally select only certain mailbox folders
    for backup
    2054746 - Fixed issue where Exchange logs were not flushed when "file"
    backup method was "Differential"
    2058244 - Fixed issue where duplicate Exchange mailboxes were backed up in
    the Remote Agent for NT (RANT) was on an Exchange cluster

    Backup Exec - Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server

    2058118 - Fixed issue where the Site Replication Service (SRS) reports an
    error if a differential backup was performed
    2057272 - SharePoint Workspace (Document-Level) backups and restores can now
    be performed

    Backup Exec - Agent for Microsoft SQL Server

    2059805 - Remote backups of remote SQL 2000 computers can now be performed
    even though the "Remote Registry" services is not started
    2051642 - Resolved issue where SQL 7.0 databases could not be restored
    because the command line was too long.
    2068781 - Resolved issue where SQL 7.0 differential backup jobs reported
    incorrect errors
    2056320 - Fixed issue where Remote Agent for Windows NT (RANT) did not
    support backing up Exchange and SQL in a cluster
    2045240 - An "Agent is initializing" message was added to beginning of
    Exchange or SQL backups in the job log

    Backup Exec - Agent for Lotus Domino

    2056411 - Skipped Lotus database files results in an overall job status of
    "Success with Exceptions"
    2056030 - Lotus Notes information is now present in the output of a BEDIAG
    2059516 - Fixed issue where redirection of Lotus databases did not account
    for replication

    Backup Exec - Agent for Oracle Server

    2057714 - Backup Exec now excludes Temporary Tablespaces with Local Extent
    Management from backups
    2057239 - Added switch for Oracle Tablespace restores so the user can select
    the whether to use the folder information in the Tablespace name to create
    folders or not
    2061907 - Fixed issue where the Oracle Agent could not handle Tablespace
    names that have both upper and lower case characters

    Backup Exec - Agent for R/3 for Oracle Server

    2047949 - Fixed issue where a SAP R3 DB Control File was not backed up but
    Backup Exec reported the job as successful if system was shutdown during the
    backup
    2057711 - Fixed issue where remote SAP restores with R/3 agent failed

    Backup Exec - Tivoli Storage Manager Option

    2062139 - The TSM install prompt now provides more information about what
    server name to enter

    Backup Exec - Macintosh Agent

    2033956 - Added support for Apple (Mac) OS X
    2063125 - Differential and incremental backups can now be performed

    Backup Exec - Unix Agent

    2064965 - Differential and incremental backups can now be performed
    2058706 - Fixed issue where a "Connection to restore target has been lost"
    message was reported during a restore
    2060364 - Fixed issue where Solaris 8 systems with "automounts" backed up
    remote directories
    2020789 - Fixed issue where "Working Set" backups would not work

    Miscellaneous

    2058718 - The SGMON log now contains the name of the process as well as the
    PID
    2057703 - Backup Exec now stores debug log files in the \Backup Exec\NT\Logs
    folder
    2060102 - BEDIAG now displays Remote Agent (RANT) files on non-media server
    2050867 - Fixed issue where the Online Registration program would lock up
    when more that 3 characters are entered in the country code
    2056208 - Fixed issue where shutting down a computer that has the Remote
    Agent for NT (RANT) would cause the computer to beep
    2062152 - Fixed issue where the BEDIAG output would state "ADAMM1.txt file
    not found"
    2054525 - Fixed issue where jobs would stay scheduled when catalog path is
    on system drive
    2046093 - Fixed the error "An error was encountered writing to the on-disk
    catalogs" that was caused by a dead look error in the BETOPCAT.IDX
    2049603 - Fixed issue where the target path of shortcut in a failover node
    was truncated to 8 characters
    2056261 - Importing tapes now allows tapes to be inventoried as part of the
    Import job
    2053732 - The maximum size of the Backup-to-disk folder can now be specified
    by the user
    2050473 - Fixed issue where the Devices tab did not always display the same
    "Append Time Left" as the Media tab
    2058163 - The name of the BEDIAG output file now contains the name of the
    computer the BEDIAG is run for
    2039679 - Fixed issue where Performance Counters were not added to "BE
    Engine" for the Japanese version of Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows
    2000 v8.x

    "bruce lee" wrote in message
    > What kind of updates bug fixes in this revison ?
    >
    > "JanC" wrote in message
    > > Hi.
    > > Veritas har released a new revision 4454 of V9

  4. Re: Updated V9 rev. 4454 available-- WHOOHOO!!!!! Fixed my issues!!!

    Those look like the original 9.0 4367 Release Notes to me!

    Here is what was posted for 4454.

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/256216

    Issues Resolved and Enhancements Since Last Release (VERITAS Backup Exec
    9.0 for Windows Server Revision 4367)

    Installation and Configuration

    0000000 - Backup Exec now installs Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine
    (MSDE 2000) Service Pack 3a to the Backup Exec MSDE instance
    0000000 - Backup Exec now installs Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)
    2.7 Service Pack 1
    2070874 - Resolved CD Browser memory leak
    2072785 - Resolved CD Browser issue where an application error occurs when
    starting the CD Browser in Italian
    2072791 - Resolved CD Browser issue where selecting the Spanish Administrator's
    Guide brings up the Italian Administrator's Guide
    2072797 - Resolved CD Browser issue where text was too wide for the screen
    width
    2072768 - Resolved issue where removing serial numbers using the "Tools |
    Serial Numbers and Installations" menu fails the installation
    2073137 - Resolved issue where adding serial numbers using the "Tools | Serial
    Numbers and Installations" menu fails the installation
    2074484 - Resolved issue where the Backup Exec QuickStart Edition did not
    support the Library Expansion Option
    2074875 - Resolved issue where push installing a serialized version of a
    Backup Exec media server installed Backup Exec as an evaluation version
    2074854 - Resolved issue where a Backup Exec media server that was push installed
    could not be updated with Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers Service Pack
    1
    2074872 - Resolved issue where a Backup Exec media server that was push installed
    failed to copy files to the \Backup Exec\NT\Agents\Rant32 and \Backup Exec\NT\Agents\R3
    directories
    2074367 - Resolved issue where silent install of Backup Exec displayed a
    dialog box at end of install process
    2073037 - Resolved issue where the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) could
    not be installed if the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) was already
    installed
    2073169 - Resolved issue where attempting to install the Remote Agent for
    Windows Server (RAWS) failed and the error "CreateBaseSupportFiles. Return
    value 3" was reported in the "BKUPINST.LOG" file
    2073589 - Resolved issue where the file "InstallReview.htm" would not use
    Japanese fonts when necessary
    2074539 - Resolved issue where the file "InstallReview.htm" was not updated
    when adding serial numbers after the initial install
    2072881 - Executing the Remote Agent for Windows Servers installation with
    no parameters or with incorrect parameters may cause files to be removed
    from the root of the drive (See VERITAS Software Alert 255239 - http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255239.htm)
    (See Note #2 and #3)
    2072656 - Resolved issue where editing a Backup Exec 8.x migrated job would
    produce an abnormal program termination in "BKUPEXEC.EXE" (See Note #3)
    2073077 - Resolved issue where Backup Exec installed to a non-English language
    SQL instance would produce an error when viewing the Job Summary (See Note
    #3)
    2072441 - Resolved an application error after specifying the server name,
    IP address and Subnet mask when running the Backup Exec 9.0 Cluster Configuration
    Wizard ("CLUSCONFIG.EXE") on a Japanese Operating System (See Note #1 and
    #3)
    2072677 - Added the ability to select the language used during the installation

    Backup Exec User Interface (UI)

    2073787 - Resolved issue where the preview pane of Alert Properties would
    incorrectly display Japanese fonts
    2074132 - Resolved issue where the System State did not show up if the computer
    had more than 600 shares

    Backup and Restore

    2073298 - Resolved issue where Resource Order changes were not being preserved
    for job properties
    2073296 - Resolved issue where the Resource Order was ignored if Backup Exec
    was upgraded from Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000 8.x
    2073187 - Resolved issue where jobs would hang in pre-processing when backing
    up the system state on Dell servers
    2074430 - Resolved issue where a robotic library would return media to any
    slot after a cleaning job completed
    2074867 - Resolved inability to restore System State from User Defined Share
    backups of an IP address
    2074864 - Resolved inability to view the restore selections for a directory
    with over 25,000 files
    2073590 - Resolved issue where blocked ports caused backups to hangs
    2074978 - Resolved issue where the Backup Exec media server and Remote Agent
    for Windows Servers communicated on port 10,000 even if the user changed
    the communication to a different port
    2075292 - Resolved issue where a communications failure would occur between
    the Backup Exec media server and Remote Agent for Windows Servers
    2070073 - Resolved issue where a communications failure caused by tape drive
    write medium errors between the Backup Exec media server and Remote Agent
    for Windows Servers
    2073134 - Resolved the error "Request to write a file mark to media" during
    backups
    2074049 - Resolved the error "The parameter is incorrect" (57 Hex) when spanned
    backups targeted a Backup Exec cascaded drive pool
    2075380 - Resolved the error "Difference encountered in file data" during
    verify of media when the Backup Exec media server is a multi-processor computer
    and the computer being backed up is a remote computer
    2075438 - Resolved the error "A failure occurred while restoring Windows
    Management Instrumentation (WMI) repository please see job log for details"
    during a restore
    2075507 - Resolved issue where the Terminal Services database failed to restore
    on local Windows 2000 Server
    2073132 - Resolved issue where only one selection is allowed in the Excludes
    selection list. Adding a new selection would overwrite the existing selection
    (See Note #5)2072965 - Resolved issue where the Global Excludes list could
    not be edited (See Note #3)
    2073027 - Resolved issue where backing up of the \WINNT\SYSVOL directory
    on a domain controllers would result in the error "DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory
    was not found" and caused the job to fail (See Note #3)

    Documentation / Error Messages / Job Logs /Job History

    2074556 - Changed the default job log level from "Summary information and
    directories processed" to "Summary information only"
    2074674 - "Inconsistency" errors now appears in red and in the error section
    at the bottom of the job log
    2074008 - "Unable to attach" errors now appears in red and in the error section
    at the bottom of the job log
    2074687 - "Unexpected end of backup set..." errors now appears in red and
    in the error section at the bottom of the job log
    2074021 - Changed the Job Log to no longer bold and underline folders
    2073999 - Changed the formatting in both the Error and Exception section
    of the job log to better indicate the resource where the error/exception
    occurred
    2072731 - The job log now correctly displays whether or not the Remote Agent
    for Windows Servers was used for backup
    2071590 - Added the ability to save the job log as HTML on the Job Monitor
    2073569 - Resolved issue where backups of resources that were not able to
    start were out of order in the Job History
    2072574 - Added Readme information stating if using Internet Explorer 6.0
    on Windows NT 4.0, Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1 is required (See
    Note #3)
    2072875 - Added Readme information regarding installing Backup Exec 9.0 on
    a Windows 2003 computer if the user account that will be used for the Backup
    Exec services has a blank password (See Note #3)
    2073228 - Added TechNote link in Readme regarding Troubleshooting Backup
    Exec 9.0 installation issues (See Note #3)
    2073425 - Corrected the Backup Exec Administrator's Guide to state that Intelligent
    Disaster Recovery (IDR) option is supported on Small Business Server (SBS)
    2000

    Alerts / Notification

    2072397 - Resolved issue where "Canceled by operator" SNMP messages did not
    show who a job was canceled by

    Backup Exec - Command Line Applet (BEMCMD.EXE)

    2074362 - Resolved inability to convert some XML job logs to plain text
    2074564 - Resolved inability to set the logon account using BEMCMD
    2074053 - Added silent install switch which will install with "Local System
    Account"
    2074418 - Added ability to delete a logon account
    2074777 - Resolved issue where jobs that were created after a time change
    that used the switch "-o90" were 1 hour off
    2074405 - Resolved issue where the BEMCMD "-o210 -dl:" switch was not working
    2072387 - BEMCMD alias jobs "o19" and "o90" now support remote drives (UNC)
    (See Note #3)

    Backup Exec - Advanced Open File Option (AOFO)

    2074469 - Resolved issue where the AOFO cache file was not being created
    in the user defined location
    2073956 - Resolved issue where a job that failed to obtain needed quiet time
    skips the backup set (resource)
    2073767 - Resolved issue where a job that was canceled left the AOFO cache
    file on the hard drive
    2072902 - Resolved issue where upgrading from Backup Exec 8.x failed to changed
    the AOFO values from "mb" to "%"
    2073011 - Resolved issue where AOFO would not work when backing up user shares

    Backup Exec - Reports

    2072894 - Resized the Japanese "Audit Log" report to be displayed correctly

    2072557 - Resolved issue where Backup Exec failed to display the "Device"
    report if the Backup Exec language was French
    2073693 - Resolved issue where "averages" were incorrect calculated on the
    "Backup Size By Resource" report

    Backup Exec - Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR)

    2073489 - Resolved issue where the error "IDR is not installed" would be
    displayed when choosing the different media server check box in the IDR wizard

    2072750 - Resolved issue where the MSSQL$BKUPEXEC Service would not start
    after performing an IDR with a backup that utilized the Intelligent Image
    Option (IIO)
    2072051 - Resolved issue where a restore would result in incorrect drive
    letters if more than one hard drive exists
    2074170 - Resolved issue where the IDR Preparation Wizard hung at "Parsing
    txtsetup template" during IDR bootable media creation
    2074432 - Resolved issue where "two-floppy" IDR method using "COPYIDR.CMD"
    was looping

    Backup Exec - Agent for NetWare

    2073360 - Resolved issue where backing up of a remote NetWare server with
    the Open File Option (OFO) ended in an error on the Server Specific Info
    (SSI) and the Novell Directory Services (NDS)
    2073413 - Resolved issue where Trustee assignments are not restored to a
    NetWare server

    Backup Exec - Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server

    2072314 - Resolved issue where an error during an Exchange backup prevented
    continuation to other resources in backup job
    2075011 - Resolved issue where editing jobs with local Exchange 2000 selections
    displayed a selection error
    2073660 - Resolved issue where creation of user accounts and Exchange mailboxes
    during a restore operation failed if the option "Automatically create user
    accounts and mailboxes" was selected (See Note #4)
    2073382 - Resolved issue where creation of Exchange mailboxes during a restore
    operation hangs or fails with the error message "Access Denied" if the option
    "Automatically create user accounts and mailboxes" was selected (See Note
    #4)
    2073026 - Resolved issue where attempting to backup Exchange mailboxes resulted
    in a Dr. Watson (See Note #3)

    Backup Exec - Agent for Microsoft SQL Server

    2073824 - Resolved issue of a local SQL 7.0 server not being detected on
    SQL 2000 cluster
    2074615 - Resolved issue where SQL filegroups were not displayed if SQL was
    installed on a remote computer
    2074616 - Resolved the error "An error occurred on a query to database %filegroup%.
    Incorrect syntax near the keyword '%file%'" where restoring a SQL filegroup
    that contains more than 1 file

    Backup Exec - Agent for SharePoint Portal Server

    2073313 - Resolved issue where the restore options listed in the Japanese
    user interface ("Restore to workspace" and "Restore to server") were switched

    Backup Exec - Agent for R/3 for Oracle Server

    2072370 - Resolved issue where backups using the R/3 Backint interface would
    create debugs log files in the directory usr\sap\SID\sys\exe\run (See Note
    #3)
    2072371 - Resolved issue where backups using the R/3 Backint interface would
    apply the non-Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) settings for the job (See
    Note #3)

    Backup Exec - ServerFree Option

    2072792 - Resolved issue where a ServerFree backup job ended if a router
    is not able to send valid sense data (See Note #3)
    2072893 - Resolved issue where spanning media with a ServerFree backup job
    fails with the error "Error Image: Error reading raw volume "
    (See Note #3)
    2073001 - Resolved issue where spanning media with a ServerFree backup job
    fails if new media is not supplied within 3 minutes (See Note #3)
    2073016 - Resolved issue where restoring spanned data from a ServerFree backup
    job displays an error that the data is "inconsistent" (See Note #3)

    Backup Exec - Backup Exec Web Administrative Console (BEWAC )

    2072580 - Resolved issue where stopping the "Backup Exec Alert Bridge" service
    would hang the service (See Note #3)

    Backup Exec - VERITAS Update

    2072774 - Improved the look and usability of the VERITAS Update pages
    2072816 - Added an installation log file when installing hotfixes
    2072823 - Added a link to the hotfix installation log file if the install
    fails
    2073116 - Resolved issue where VERITAS Update was failing on installation
    2057023 - VERITAS Update now uses the "Alert" tab in Backup Exec for hotfix
    notification
    2073359 - Resolved issue where the first screen of a hotfix had text that
    was too wide for the screen width
    2073612 - Resolved issue where hotfixes did not check to see if the Backup
    Exec Administration Console was open before applying a hotfix

    Miscellaneous

    2073102 - Added BEDIAG.EXE to the \UTILS directory on the Backup Exec CD
    2073194 - Resolved issue where an error message would be displayed when running
    the "BackupExecTapeDeviceDriverInstall.exe" on the Backup Exec CD
    2073153 - Added the ability to "unlock a device" with the Seagate ATAPI Travan
    drive
    2073616 - Resolved issue where directory wildcard selections were not working
    properly
    2074238 - Resolved issue where the error "Invalid Physical Volume Library
    Client Identifier" was being reported during tape operations
    2073480 - Resolved issue where the error "Cannot open database file" was
    received during Remote Agent for Windows Servers installation
    2073330 - Resolved issue where the drive preview pane was not showing the
    correct compression status
    2073479 - VERITAS "exabyte2.sys" driver now supports tape capacity reporting
    2061990 - VERITAS "halfinch.sys" driver now supports tape capacity reporting
    2062232 - VERITAS "tratapi.sys" driver now supports tape capacity reporting
    2073634 - Resolved issue where the media capacity was incorrect when only
    remaining capacity was supported by tape driver
    2072353 - Resolved issue where backups would hang on specific files when
    backing up using the MAC OS X agent
    2073242 - Added support for UnixWare 7
    2073815 - Resolved issue where an inventory job on a robotic library partition
    (cleaning tape) was reported as incompatible media
    2073580 - Resolved error "The database specified does not exist"
    2073418 - Resolved memory leak in Backup Exec when Global Data Manager (GDM)
    4.5 Feature Pack 3 monitors Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers revision
    4367 (See Note #6)

    Note Description
    1 Also resolved in Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers revision 4367 Hotfix
    1
    2 Also resolved in Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers revision 4367 Hotfix
    7
    3 Also resolved in Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers revision 4367 Service
    Pack 1
    4 Also resolved in Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers revision 4367 Hotfix
    10
    5 Also resolved in Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers revision 4367 Hotfix
    13
    6 Also resolved in Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers revision 4367 Hotfix
    14

+ Reply to Thread