LP_Checksum_Failure - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on LP_Checksum_Failure - Veritas Backup Exec ; What does this error mean? Jason...

  1. LP_Checksum_Failure

    What does this error mean?

    Jason

  2. Re: LP_Checksum_Failure

    "Jason" wrote:
    >What does this error mean?
    >
    >Jason

    It probably means you have recently paid major $$ to veritas for a slipshod
    product.

    Technically CRC = cyclical redundancy check -- a rudimentary error checking
    facility used by backup exec. We had the crc errors after a 8.6-9.0 BE upgrade
    until we went back and used Windows drivers for the tape drive and implented
    BE 9.0 SP1.

    You my actually have other, real, problems. But who knows?

  3. Re: LP_Checksum_Failure

    Interesting! I've had CRCs on backups but not on restores. So LP_checksums
    are crcs also, but I only get these on restores, which means my data my not
    be getting backed up. This is not good, I'll try different drivers, any
    other ideas?

    Jason
    "Me" wrote in message news:3ed3d967$1@hronntp01....

    > "Jason" wrote:
    > >What does this error mean?
    > >
    > >Jason
    > >

    > It probably means you have recently paid major $$ to veritas for a

    slipshod
    > product.
    >
    > Technically CRC = cyclical redundancy check -- a rudimentary error

    checking
    > facility used by backup exec. We had the crc errors after a 8.6-9.0 BE

    upgrade
    > until we went back and used Windows drivers for the tape drive and

    implented
    > BE 9.0 SP1.
    >
    > You my actually have other, real, problems. But who knows?

+ Reply to Thread