Is it posible to backup the backup server? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Is it posible to backup the backup server? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is it posible to backup the backup server? In advance THANKS! Tobias...

  1. Is it posible to backup the backup server?

    Is it posible to backup the backup server?

    In advance THANKS!
    Tobias

  2. Re: Is it posible to backup the backup server?

    Might depend on which version you're using as to the results, but I've done
    it with v9, where I screwed up the backup server. Re-installed Windows, BENT
    and SQL, patched, and then restored the entire system from the backup, which
    recovered all the backup data that had been there at the time of the backup.

    "Tobias" wrote in message news:3ed3267d@hronntp01....

    > Is it posible to backup the backup server?
    >
    > In advance THANKS!
    > Tobias

  3. Re: Is it posible to backup the backup server?

    Yes it is possible to backup the backup server. But the version of your target
    machine must be same as the machine you are using for backup. You can refer
    to the following tech note:
    Is it possible for Backup Exec Remote Agent to coexist with Backup Exec
    for Windows NT and Windows 2000?

    "Tobias" wrote:

    >Is it posible to backup the backup server?
    >
    >In advance THANKS!
    >Tobias

+ Reply to Thread