How can-I both locally AND remotely backup several servers ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How can-I both locally AND remotely backup several servers ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I get 3 servers: - server A, running Windows2000 server OS, runing BackupExe 8.6 server edition, with tape unit A, shared folders A1 and A2 - server B, running Windows2000 server OS, runing BackupExe 8.6 server edition, with tape ...

  1. How can-I both locally AND remotely backup several servers ?

    Hello,

    I get 3 servers:
    - server A, running Windows2000 server OS, runing BackupExe 8.6 server
    edition, with tape unit A, shared folders A1 and A2
    - server B, running Windows2000 server OS, runing BackupExe 8.6 server
    edition, with tape unit B, shared folders B1 and B2
    - server C, running Windows2000 server OS, runing BackupExe 8.6 server
    edition, with tape unit C, shared folder C
    All machines are on a same Windows2000 domain.

    I need to get:
    - server A locally backup folder A1
    - server B locally backup folder B1
    - server C locally backup folder C, and remotly backup folders A2 and B2
    - all 3 servers remotly controled from my client PC.

    How can I do this ? do I need to install a special agent ? a special
    optional product ? Where ? I tried many things using the remote backup
    agent, but it doesn't do what I need.

    Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

    Bertrand Tostain
    COGEMA Japan Co., Ltd.
    Tokyo, Japan

  2. Re: How can-I both locally AND remotely backup several servers ?

    On Tue, 27 May 2003 17:30:32 +0900, Bertrand wrote:

    > I get 3 servers:
    > - server A, running Windows2000 server OS, runing BackupExe 8.6 server
    > edition, with tape unit A, shared folders A1 and A2
    > - server B, running Windows2000 server OS, runing BackupExe 8.6 server
    > edition, with tape unit B, shared folders B1 and B2
    > - server C, running Windows2000 server OS, runing BackupExe 8.6 server
    > edition, with tape unit C, shared folder C
    > All machines are on a same Windows2000 domain.
    >
    > I need to get:
    > - server A locally backup folder A1
    > - server B locally backup folder B1
    > - server C locally backup folder C, and remotly backup folders A2 and B2
    > - all 3 servers remotly controled from my client PC.
    >
    > How can I do this ?

    Put BackupExec on all 3 servers and create the jobs you want.

    Install the Remote Administration client on your client PC (it's an
    option when you run the BackupExec installer - just run the installer
    on your client PC and choose the right option).

    > do I need to install a special agent ? a special
    > optional product ? Where ? I tried many things using the remote backup
    > agent, but it doesn't do what I need.

    You'll need a Remote Agent for servers A & B. The agent is supplied on
    the BackupExec CD (or in the download file) but you'll need a license
    code for both servers. Run the main BackupExec installer on C and put
    in the two license codes, then either push install the agent to A & B
    (it's an option in the installer) or run the agent installation from A
    & B itself (using the setupaa.cmd batch file).

    --
    Mark Hill
    #include

+ Reply to Thread