Communication Error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Communication Error - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a client with and Intel Server SE7501BR2 mother board Windows SBS 2000 and sony TLS-9000 DDS3 with Media Changer. SCSI is Adaptec AIC-7901-Ultra320. Intel RAID SRCS14L with 4 x Seagate 120Gb SATA HDD in RAID 5 This the ...

  1. Communication Error

    I have a client with and Intel Server SE7501BR2 mother board Windows SBS
    2000 and sony TLS-9000 DDS3 with Media Changer. SCSI is Adaptec AIC-7901-Ultra320.
    Intel RAID SRCS14L with 4 x Seagate 120Gb SATA HDD in RAID 5

    This the error (on the E Drive)

    Job ended:

    Sunday, 25 May 2003 at 01:01:24
    Completed status: Failed
    Final error code: a000fe30 HEX
    Final error description: A communications failure has occurred.

    Final error category: Server Errors

    I have another Client with the Intel SE7500CW2SCSI and an Adaptec 2400 ATA
    RAID in a RAID 5 with the same error. Can you please shed some light on this
    please.

  2. Re: Communication Error

    We had the same error message. After reading previous posts about this same
    message, we removed "M:\" from the backup selection and the error message
    went away.

    Dave Maness

    "Dennis Evans" wrote:

    >I have a client with and Intel Server SE7501BR2 mother board Windows SBS
    >2000 and sony TLS-9000 DDS3 with Media Changer. SCSI is Adaptec AIC-7901-Ultra320.
    >Intel RAID SRCS14L with 4 x Seagate 120Gb SATA HDD in RAID 5
    >
    >This the error (on the E Drive)
    >
    >Job ended:
    >
    >Sunday, 25 May 2003 at 01:01:24
    >Completed status: Failed
    >Final error code: a000fe30 HEX
    >Final error description: A communications failure has occurred.
    >
    >Final error category: Server Errors
    >
    >I have another Client with the Intel SE7500CW2SCSI and an Adaptec 2400 ATA
    >RAID in a RAID 5 with the same error. Can you please shed some light on

    this
    >please.

+ Reply to Thread