Backups with robotic Library - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backups with robotic Library - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using Backup Exec 8.6 for windows with a Dell Powervault 122T is there any way to set our daily backups to say backup Monday on tape1, Tuesday on tape2, and so on?...

  1. Backups with robotic Library

    Using Backup Exec 8.6 for windows with a Dell Powervault 122T is there any
    way to set our daily backups to say backup Monday on tape1, Tuesday on tape2,
    and so on?

  2. Re: Backups with robotic Library

    Is Powervault 122T a autoloader???
    if yes, you need to partition the autoloader.... then you specify backup
    monday to partiton 1, tuesday to partition 2 and so on....

    "Kevin" wrote in message

    > Using Backup Exec 8.6 for windows with a Dell Powervault 122T is there any
    > way to set our daily backups to say backup Monday on tape1, Tuesday on

    tape2,
    > and so on?

  3. Re: Backups with robotic Library

    Kevin:

    Make each tape its own partition. This way, you can treat each tape as if
    it were an individual and schedule the backups to it as you wish.

    Good luck!!!
    Jim

    "Kevin" wrote:

    >Using Backup Exec 8.6 for windows with a Dell Powervault 122T is there any
    >way to set our daily backups to say backup Monday on tape1, Tuesday on tape2,
    >and so on?

+ Reply to Thread