This is a discussion on LOADING! - Veritas Backup Exec ; My backup sometimes gets stuck on LOADING... can someone please tell me some possible solutions associated with this, or if anyone else has experienced this? Regards....

    My backup sometimes gets stuck on LOADING... can someone please tell me some
    possible solutions associated with this, or if anyone else has experienced
    this?
    Regards.

  2. Re: LOADING!

    Could be a bad disk. Try cleaning the drive like 6 times in a row. Also,
    try pausing and then enabling the backup drive.
    "Paul" wrote in message

    > My backup sometimes gets stuck on LOADING... can someone please tell me

    some
    > possible solutions associated with this, or if anyone else has experienced
    > this?
    > Regards.

  3. Re: LOADING!

    "blumamy" wrote:
    >Could be a bad disk. Try cleaning the drive like 6 times in a row. Also,
    >try pausing and then enabling the backup drive.
    >"Paul" wrote in message
    >>
    >> My backup sometimes gets stuck on LOADING... can someone please tell me

    >some
    >> possible solutions associated with this, or if anyone else has experienced
    >> this?
    >> Regards.

    Are you using IDR? Search the KB for PowerEdge. There is a registry hack
    for disabling IDR. This is what got us past this hurdle. Many more to go.

  4. Re: LOADING!

    I am having the same problem - what knowledge base are you talking about?.

    Regards,

    Jay

    "Me" wrote in message news:3ed49b0d$1@hronntp01....

    > "blumamy" wrote:
    > >Could be a bad disk. Try cleaning the drive like 6 times in a row.

    Also,
    > >try pausing and then enabling the backup drive.
    > >"Paul" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> My backup sometimes gets stuck on LOADING... can someone please tell me

    > >some
    > >> possible solutions associated with this, or if anyone else has

    experienced
    > >> this?
    > >> Regards.

    > Are you using IDR? Search the KB for PowerEdge. There is a registry hack
    > for disabling IDR. This is what got us past this hurdle. Many more to go.

  5. Re: LOADING!

    Cleaning a DLT drive six times in a row can render it useless. The cleaning
    tape is basically very fine sandpaper, designed to scrub a few particles off
    a very sensitive instrument.

    Remember, a blank DLT-IV cart costs $40, but getting your drive refurbished
    or replaced costs a lot more than that.

    If the cleaning light comes on again after you run the cleaning tape, try
    removing the tape, powering down the drive for a few moments and then
    bringing it back up.

    "blumamy" wrote in message news:3ecfdb12@hronntp01....
    > Could be a bad disk. Try cleaning the drive like 6 times in a row. Also,
    > try pausing and then enabling the backup drive.
    > "Paul" wrote in message
    > >
    > > My backup sometimes gets stuck on LOADING... can someone please tell me

    > some
    > > possible solutions associated with this, or if anyone else has

    experienced
    > > this?
    > > Regards.

  6. Re: LOADING!

    HP Surestore DDS3 had an issue where the cleaning light would come on right
    after you cleaned it. The drive was toast and HP would replace the drive
    out of warranty for ~ 350 us.

    Have you spoken to hardware support? Specialized support on this type of
    product is usually pretty good.

    "Joe Stern" wrote:
    >Cleaning a DLT drive six times in a row can render it useless. The cleaning
    >tape is basically very fine sandpaper, designed to scrub a few particles

    off
    >a very sensitive instrument.
    >
    >Remember, a blank DLT-IV cart costs $40, but getting your drive refurbished
    >or replaced costs a lot more than that.
    >
    >If the cleaning light comes on again after you run the cleaning tape, try
    >removing the tape, powering down the drive for a few moments and then
    >bringing it back up.
    >
    >"blumamy" wrote in message news:3ecfdb12@hronntp01....
    >> Could be a bad disk. Try cleaning the drive like 6 times in a row. Also,
    >> try pausing and then enabling the backup drive.
    >> "Paul" wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > My backup sometimes gets stuck on LOADING... can someone please tell

    me
    >> some
    >> > possible solutions associated with this, or if anyone else has

    >experienced
    >> > this?
    >> > Regards.

  7. Re: LOADING!

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...dProduct=BEWNT

    Also look for article

    There is a new build of 9.0 Veritas (4454) out that supposedly includes a
    fix for this issue.

    "Jay" wrote:
    >I am having the same problem - what knowledge base are you talking about?.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Jay
    >
    >"Me" wrote in message news:3ed49b0d$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> "blumamy" wrote:
    >> >Could be a bad disk. Try cleaning the drive like 6 times in a row.

    >Also,
    >> >try pausing and then enabling the backup drive.
    >> >"Paul" wrote in message

    me
    >> >some

    >experienced
    >> >

    >> Are you using IDR? Search the KB for PowerEdge. There is a registry hack
    >> for disabling IDR. This is what got us past this hurdle. Many more to

    go.

+ Reply to Thread