File structure is fine but all files corrupt? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on File structure is fine but all files corrupt? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm trying to restore a DDS-2 tape made in 1999 using Backup Exec. I have tried two backup applications to restore this tape. When using Backup Exec v8, I try to catalog the tape and I get the following message: ...

  1. File structure is fine but all files corrupt?

    I'm trying to restore a DDS-2 tape made in 1999 using Backup Exec. I have
    tried two backup applications to restore this tape.

    When using Backup Exec v8, I try to catalog the tape and I get the following
    message:

    Job Operation - Catalog
    An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in HP 1.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Job ended: Friday, May 23, 2003 at 5:41:38 PM
    Job completion status: Failed

    At this point I'm not sure what else to do with Backup Exec, is there any
    troubleshooting I can do??

    When I try to use a different backup application, it recognizes the format
    of the tape as "Ntbackup" and restores the entire tape. When I look at the
    restore, the file structure looks perfect, but every file is corrupt. Maybe
    the Backup Exec "Ntbackup" is somehow not standard??

    Thanks for any advice,

    Mark

  2. Re: File structure is fine but all files corrupt?

    Hi Mark

    You could try renaming the betopcat.idx it may be the cataloger that is
    corrupt.

    hope this helps
    Juana

    "Mark Spencer" wrote in message

    > I'm trying to restore a DDS-2 tape made in 1999 using Backup Exec. I have
    > tried two backup applications to restore this tape.
    >
    > When using Backup Exec v8, I try to catalog the tape and I get the

    following
    > message:
    >
    > ================================================== ====================
    > Job Operation - Catalog
    > ================================================== ====================
    > An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in HP 1.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > ================================================== ====================
    > Job ended: Friday, May 23, 2003 at 5:41:38 PM
    > Job completion status: Failed
    > ================================================== ====================
    >
    > At this point I'm not sure what else to do with Backup Exec, is there any
    > troubleshooting I can do??
    >
    > When I try to use a different backup application, it recognizes the format
    > of the tape as "Ntbackup" and restores the entire tape. When I look at

    the
    > restore, the file structure looks perfect, but every file is corrupt.

    Maybe
    > the Backup Exec "Ntbackup" is somehow not standard??
    >
    > Thanks for any advice,
    >
    > Mark

+ Reply to Thread