strange behavior with be 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on strange behavior with be 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have be 9.0 installed on AD win2000 server domain controller, this AD domain is trusted with one NT4 domain, thru the agent i can backup nt4 server on NT4 domain, but when i try to backup other domain controller ...

  1. strange behavior with be 9.0

    I have be 9.0 installed on AD win2000 server domain controller, this AD domain
    is trusted with one NT4 domain, thru the agent i can backup nt4 server on
    NT4 domain, but when i try to backup other domain controller in AD domain,
    if job fail, the other job after this fail because job engine or stop unexpectly
    or is in a state beetwein star and stop, sometimes i get one drwatson.
    Another strage thing is beserver.exe go on 100% cpu time consuming without
    visible error, for to get backupexec full of function i have to stop all
    BE service and restart, and not always the job, after stop and start, end
    in right state
    Someone had the same problem?

    Many thanks

  2. Re: strange behavior with be 9.0

    Hi Antonio

    I hope this helps there was a problem in 8.5 that was the same..

    I would also suggest dumping the database see or this may be the cause as
    well

    Finally..
    Check the alerts tab in 9.0 the alerts are more configurable from the GUI so
    ensure your settings are correct. Otherwise you may want to do a dump with
    the -debug switch and send it to email support.

    Hope this helps
    Juana

    "Antonio Catani" wrote in message

    > I have be 9.0 installed on AD win2000 server domain controller, this AD

    domain
    > is trusted with one NT4 domain, thru the agent i can backup nt4 server on
    > NT4 domain, but when i try to backup other domain controller in AD domain,
    > if job fail, the other job after this fail because job engine or stop

    unexpectly
    > or is in a state beetwein star and stop, sometimes i get one drwatson.
    > Another strage thing is beserver.exe go on 100% cpu time consuming without
    > visible error, for to get backupexec full of function i have to stop all
    > BE service and restart, and not always the job, after stop and start, end
    > in right state
    > Someone had the same problem?
    >
    > Many thanks

+ Reply to Thread