Restore & device drivers - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore & device drivers - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi. I am trying to make a restore of a computer (Win2000 Server, DC). I have both IDR disks, the *.DR disk and the bootable Cd-rom. But when I should use tape device within the Disaster Recovery Console Windows setup ...

  1. Restore & device drivers

    Hi.

    I am trying to make a restore of a computer (Win2000 Server, DC). I have
    both IDR disks, the *.DR disk and the bootable Cd-rom. But when I should
    use tape device within the Disaster Recovery Console Windows setup does not
    find the driver for the tape device (HP StorageWorks Autoloader 1/8). When
    do I tell Windows installation where are the appropriate drivers? Thank you.

    Regards, Gregor.

  2. Re: Restore & device drivers

    Hi Gregor

    If this is not the same library as the original then you can not use IDR.

    Try this hope this helps.

    Juana

    "Gregor" wrote in message news:3ecdd389$1@hronntp01....

    > Hi.
    >
    > I am trying to make a restore of a computer (Win2000 Server, DC). I have
    > both IDR disks, the *.DR disk and the bootable Cd-rom. But when I should
    > use tape device within the Disaster Recovery Console Windows setup does

    not
    > find the driver for the tape device (HP StorageWorks Autoloader 1/8). When
    > do I tell Windows installation where are the appropriate drivers? Thank

    you.

    > Regards, Gregor.

+ Reply to Thread