LTO Memory cartridge failures - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on LTO Memory cartridge failures - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, does anyone experience the following error with their LTO drives by any chance: ----- TapeAlert Events ----- Warning Device: DELL 1 (PHOL10) The memory in the tape cartridge has failed, which reduces performance. Do not use the cartridge ...

  1. LTO Memory cartridge failures

    Hi all,

    does anyone experience the following error with their LTO drives by any chance:

    ----- TapeAlert Events -----

    Warning
    Device: DELL 1 (PHOL10)
    The memory in the tape cartridge has failed, which reduces performance.
    Do not use the cartridge for further backup operations.

    I have this occurring on 5 Dell 128T libraries and 1 Dell 110 LTO single
    drive unit.

    Dell suggest upgrading the f/w to latest which I have done this week and
    I will monitor it.

    I'm just curious as to how many other people have the same problem and what
    hardware (brand) they are using (tapes and drives).

    Any feedback greatly appreciated.

    Cheers
    Michael

  2. Re: LTO Memory cartridge failures

    "Michael" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >does anyone experience the following error with their LTO drives by any

    chance:

    >----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >
    >Warning
    >Device: DELL 1 (PHOL10)
    >The memory in the tape cartridge has failed, which reduces performance.
    >Do not use the cartridge for further backup operations.
    >
    >I have this occurring on 5 Dell 128T libraries and 1 Dell 110 LTO single
    >drive unit.
    >
    >Dell suggest upgrading the f/w to latest which I have done this week and
    >I will monitor it.
    >
    >I'm just curious as to how many other people have the same problem and what
    >hardware (brand) they are using (tapes and drives).
    >
    >Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Michael

    I forgot to mention - I am using BENT v8.6 rev 3878!

  3. Re: LTO Memory cartridge failures

    Michael,

    we see exactly the same here, running a Dell PV136T with several LTO Ultrium-1
    drives and Dell branded tapes.

    "Michael" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >does anyone experience the following error with their LTO drives by any

    chance:

    >----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >
    >Warning
    >Device: DELL 1 (PHOL10)
    >The memory in the tape cartridge has failed, which reduces performance.
    >Do not use the cartridge for further backup operations.
    >
    >I have this occurring on 5 Dell 128T libraries and 1 Dell 110 LTO single
    >drive unit.
    >
    >Dell suggest upgrading the f/w to latest which I have done this week and
    >I will monitor it.
    >
    >I'm just curious as to how many other people have the same problem and what
    >hardware (brand) they are using (tapes and drives).
    >
    >Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Michael

  4. Re: LTO Memory cartridge failures

    I am also seeing this error with BExec9 and an HP (Lynx) Ultrium 1 LTO drive.

    This has my customer very concerned since the cost of cartridges are quite
    high.

    Anyone got any answers?

    Cheers,
    Greg

    (Reply to ng)

    "Michael" wrote:

    >"Michael" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>does anyone experience the following error with their LTO drives by any

    >chance:
    >>
    >>----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >>
    >>Warning
    >>Device: DELL 1 (PHOL10)
    >>The memory in the tape cartridge has failed, which reduces performance.
    >>Do not use the cartridge for further backup operations.
    >>
    >>I have this occurring on 5 Dell 128T libraries and 1 Dell 110 LTO single
    >>drive unit.
    >>
    >>Dell suggest upgrading the f/w to latest which I have done this week and
    >>I will monitor it.
    >>
    >>I'm just curious as to how many other people have the same problem and

    what
    >>hardware (brand) they are using (tapes and drives).
    >>
    >>Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>Michael

    >I forgot to mention - I am using BENT v8.6 rev 3878!

  5. Re: LTO Memory cartridge failures

    Hi all, just an update on the problems I have been experiencing - since upgrading
    the f/w of all my libraries and single drive LTO unit's the problem has not
    re-occurred.

    I suggest downloading the latest f/w for your hardware and applying it, seems
    to work so far.

    Cheers
    Michael

    "Greg" wrote:

    >I am also seeing this error with BExec9 and an HP (Lynx) Ultrium 1 LTO drive.
    >
    >This has my customer very concerned since the cost of cartridges are quite
    >high.
    >
    >Anyone got any answers?
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Greg
    >
    >(Reply to ng)
    >
    >"Michael" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Michael" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi all,
    >>>
    >>>does anyone experience the following error with their LTO drives by any

    >>chance:
    >>>
    >>>----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >>>
    >>>Warning
    >>>Device: DELL 1 (PHOL10)
    >>>The memory in the tape cartridge has failed, which reduces performance.
    >>>Do not use the cartridge for further backup operations.
    >>>
    >>>I have this occurring on 5 Dell 128T libraries and 1 Dell 110 LTO single
    >>>drive unit.
    >>>
    >>>Dell suggest upgrading the f/w to latest which I have done this week and
    >>>I will monitor it.
    >>>
    >>>I'm just curious as to how many other people have the same problem and

    >what
    >>>hardware (brand) they are using (tapes and drives).
    >>>
    >>>Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers
    >>>Michael

    >>I forgot to mention - I am using BENT v8.6 rev 3878!

+ Reply to Thread