Restoring Exchange 5.5 from AD forest to another AD forest - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restoring Exchange 5.5 from AD forest to another AD forest - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are in the process of building a lab environment, in Windows 2000. The lab is going to be in a separate forest from the production environment, and without any communication between the 2 environments. I was wondering if it ...

  1. Restoring Exchange 5.5 from AD forest to another AD forest

    We are in the process of building a lab environment, in Windows 2000. The
    lab is going to be in a separate forest from the production environment,
    and without any communication between the 2 environments. I was wondering
    if it would be possible to restore Exchange 5.5 data from the production
    environment into the lab environment, so we can play amd manipulate the data
    once it has been restored in the lab if that is possible.

  2. Re: Restoring Exchange 5.5 from AD forest to another AD forest

    to restore a Stores backup, Exchange 5.5 require that the Exchange
    Server be in a Domain and that the Org and Site names are the same (Case
    Sensitive). The computer names do not need to be the same. Once these
    are taken care of, BENT should restore quite happily to a different machine

    Tapera Doma wrote:

    >We are in the process of building a lab environment, in Windows 2000. The
    >lab is going to be in a separate forest from the production environment,
    >and without any communication between the 2 environments. I was wondering
    >if it would be possible to restore Exchange 5.5 data from the production
    >environment into the lab environment, so we can play amd manipulate the data
    >once it has been restored in the lab if that is possible.

  3. Re: Restoring Exchange 5.5 from AD forest to another AD forest

    So if I understanding you correctly, you are saying what I am trying to do
    is not possible.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >to restore a Stores backup, Exchange 5.5 require that the Exchange
    >Server be in a Domain and that the Org and Site names are the same (Case

    >Sensitive). The computer names do not need to be the same. Once these

    >are taken care of, BENT should restore quite happily to a different machine
    >
    >Tapera Doma wrote:
    >
    >>We are in the process of building a lab environment, in Windows 2000. The
    >>lab is going to be in a separate forest from the production environment,
    >>and without any communication between the 2 environments. I was wondering
    >>if it would be possible to restore Exchange 5.5 data from the production
    >>environment into the lab environment, so we can play amd manipulate the

    data
    >>once it has been restored in the lab if that is possible.

  4. Re: Restoring Exchange 5.5 from AD forest to another AD forest

    As long as you lab has a Domain, and as long as Exchange is installed on
    a server in that domain with the same Org ans Site names, then yes you
    can restore to the recovery/test server.

    Tapera wrote:

    >So if I understanding you correctly, you are saying what I am trying to do
    >is not possible.
    >
    >Ken Putnam wrote:
    >

    >>to restore a Stores backup, Exchange 5.5 require that the Exchange
    >>Server be in a Domain and that the Org and Site names are the same (Case
    >>

    >>Sensitive). The computer names do not need to be the same. Once these
    >>

    >>are taken care of, BENT should restore quite happily to a different machine
    >>
    >>Tapera Doma wrote:
    >>

    >>>We are in the process of building a lab environment, in Windows 2000. The
    >>>lab is going to be in a separate forest from the production environment,
    >>>and without any communication between the 2 environments. I was wondering
    >>>if it would be possible to restore Exchange 5.5 data from the production
    >>>environment into the lab environment, so we can play amd manipulate the
    >>>

    >data
    >

    >>>once it has been restored in the lab if that is possible.

+ Reply to Thread