Backup Exec accessing a LTO tape driver? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec accessing a LTO tape driver? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Environment: Backup Exec 9.00 Rev. 4367 Windows Advance Server 200 Build 2195 Service Pack 2 Adapter: Adaptec AHA-2944UW Tape Drive: Product ID: (HP) Ultrium 1-SCSI Drive Type: LTO 64K (64K,10,0,E,HU) Firmware: E07D Serial Number: HP Ultrium 1-SCSI GB70H00024 Media Type: ...

  1. Backup Exec accessing a LTO tape driver?

    Environment:
    Backup Exec 9.00 Rev. 4367
    Windows Advance Server 200 Build 2195 Service Pack 2

    Adapter: Adaptec AHA-2944UW

    Tape Drive:
    Product ID: (HP) Ultrium 1-SCSI
    Drive Type: LTO 64K (64K,10,0,E,HU)
    Firmware: E07D
    Serial Number: HP Ultrium 1-SCSI GB70H00024
    Media Type: LTO

    Backup Exec can recognize the Media Label (CA2581) The media description
    ( ANSI Vol1: CA2581) but
    reports used capacity 2.00kb and available capacity of 16mb. One of our engineers
    seem to think
    its because the block size of Backup exec is set to the max allowable of
    64k but it should be 1024k.

    How do you change the block size to something larger? I've searched the registry
    to no avail.

    TIA,
    Tony

  2. Re: Backup Exec accessing a LTO tape driver?

    I don't use v9, but for earlier versions, you go to the media tab, right
    click the device/properties and set it from there.

    Tony wrote:

    >Environment:
    >Backup Exec 9.00 Rev. 4367
    >Windows Advance Server 200 Build 2195 Service Pack 2
    >
    >Adapter: Adaptec AHA-2944UW
    >
    >Tape Drive:
    >Product ID: (HP) Ultrium 1-SCSI
    >Drive Type: LTO 64K (64K,10,0,E,HU)
    >Firmware: E07D
    >Serial Number: HP Ultrium 1-SCSI GB70H00024
    >Media Type: LTO
    >

    >Backup Exec can recognize the Media Label (CA2581) The media description
    >( ANSI Vol1: CA2581) but
    >reports used capacity 2.00kb and available capacity of 16mb. One of our engineers
    >seem to think
    >its because the block size of Backup exec is set to the max allowable of
    >64k but it should be 1024k.
    >
    >How do you change the block size to something larger? I've searched the registry
    >to no avail.
    >
    >TIA,
    >Tony

  3. Re: Backup Exec accessing a LTO tape driver?

    hi,

    i have the same problem. did you solve yours?

    DUTRA,
    Salvatore

    On 19 May 2003 15:30:08 -0400, "Tony" wrote:

    >Environment:
    >Backup Exec 9.00 Rev. 4367
    >Windows Advance Server 200 Build 2195 Service Pack 2
    >
    >Adapter: Adaptec AHA-2944UW
    >
    >Tape Drive:
    >Product ID: (HP) Ultrium 1-SCSI
    >Drive Type: LTO 64K (64K,10,0,E,HU)
    >Firmware: E07D
    >Serial Number: HP Ultrium 1-SCSI GB70H00024
    >Media Type: LTO
    >

    >Backup Exec can recognize the Media Label (CA2581) The media description
    >( ANSI Vol1: CA2581) but
    >reports used capacity 2.00kb and available capacity of 16mb. One of our engineers
    >seem to think
    >its because the block size of Backup exec is set to the max allowable of
    >64k but it should be 1024k.
    >
    >How do you change the block size to something larger? I've searched the registry
    >to no avail.
    >
    >TIA,
    >Tony

+ Reply to Thread