Execview install - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Execview install - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello all, Tried posting this on the veritas.execview.english group and it appears that group is a ghost town. No posts there & no replies. So I turn to this active group to ask the following: I have installed both execview ...

  1. Execview install

    Hello all,

    Tried posting this on the veritas.execview.english group and it appears that
    group is a ghost town. No posts there & no replies. So I turn to this
    active group to ask the following:

    I have installed both execview components (I don't recall what they are but
    they are both the information manager and the server) on a BE8.6 server
    (w2k/sp3) and I cannot connect. Both execview services are running, but
    when i click on the execview icon which takes me to
    http://localhost:8080/ev/execview.htm I get nothing - it's as if there's no
    server there. There is nothing else running on the server that's listening
    on port 8080. I have uninstalled and reinstalled execview to no avail.
    Any ideas???

    Thanks in advance,

    Jon

  2. Re: Execview install

    Jon, try substituting the server's name for the local host part of the URL.
    I've had trouble making the url work on the EIS with localhost.

    "Jon Wahl" wrote:
    >Hello all,
    >
    >Tried posting this on the veritas.execview.english group and it appears

    that
    >group is a ghost town. No posts there & no replies. So I turn to this
    >active group to ask the following:
    >
    >I have installed both execview components (I don't recall what they are

    but
    >they are both the information manager and the server) on a BE8.6 server
    >(w2k/sp3) and I cannot connect. Both execview services are running, but
    >when i click on the execview icon which takes me to
    >http://localhost:8080/ev/execview.htm I get nothing - it's as if there's

    no
    >server there. There is nothing else running on the server that's listening
    >on port 8080. I have uninstalled and reinstalled execview to no avail.
    >Any ideas???
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >Jon

+ Reply to Thread