inserting a selection overwrites existing entry - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on inserting a selection overwrites existing entry - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've been trying to get selections working on 9.0 with SP1. Whenever I select "insert" i can put in the information for the first item only for that job. If i try and insert another it just overwrites the insert. ...

  1. inserting a selection overwrites existing entry

    I've been trying to get selections working on 9.0 with SP1.

    Whenever I select "insert" i can put in the information for the first item
    only for that job.

    If i try and insert another it just overwrites the insert.

    Is this a bug (and if so where the hell was QA) or am i doing something
    wrong.

  2. Re: inserting a selection overwrites existing entry

    Your most likely doing everything right. Its a bug and it was addressed
    with an hotfix from veritas. I can't remember which of the plenty hotfixes
    it was, but it is out there.

    Jason
    "Inline Computer Support" wrote in message
    > I've been trying to get selections working on 9.0 with SP1.
    >
    > Whenever I select "insert" i can put in the information for the first item
    > only for that job.
    >
    > If i try and insert another it just overwrites the insert.
    >
    > Is this a bug (and if so where the hell was QA) or am i doing something
    > wrong.

  3. Re: inserting a selection overwrites existing entry

    i had installed SP1 for it recently.

    Anyone happen to know which hotfix it is?

    "Jason" wrote in message news:3ec52286$1@hronntp01....
    > Your most likely doing everything right. Its a bug and it was addressed
    > with an hotfix from veritas. I can't remember which of the plenty

    hotfixes
    > it was, but it is out there.
    >
    > Jason
    > "Inline Computer Support" wrote in message
    > > I've been trying to get selections working on 9.0 with SP1.
    > >
    > > Whenever I select "insert" i can put in the information for the first

    item
    > > only for that job.
    > >
    > > If i try and insert another it just overwrites the insert.
    > >
    > > Is this a bug (and if so where the hell was QA) or am i doing something
    > > wrong.

  4. Re: inserting a selection overwrites existing entry

    I went to the veritas support page and found it:
    this is the URL
    http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_BEWNT.htm
    And this is the hotfix you want:
    Hotfix13

    Good luck.

    > > Your most likely doing everything right. Its a bug and it was addressed
    > > with an hotfix from veritas. I can't remember which of the plenty

    > hotfixes
    > > it was, but it is out there.
    > >
    > > Jason
    > > "Inline Computer Support" wrote in message
    > > > I've been trying to get selections working on 9.0 with SP1.
    > > >
    > > > Whenever I select "insert" i can put in the information for the first

    > item
    > > > only for that job.
    > > >
    > > > If i try and insert another it just overwrites the insert.
    > > >
    > > > Is this a bug (and if so where the hell was QA) or am i doing

    something
    > > > wrong.

  5. Re: inserting a selection overwrites existing entry

    thanks =)

    will give it a go.

    "Jason" wrote in message news:3ec52fe0$1@hronntp01....
    > I went to the veritas support page and found it:
    > this is the URL
    > http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_BEWNT.htm
    > And this is the hotfix you want:
    > Hotfix13
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > Jason
    > "Inline Computer Support" wrote in message
    > > i had installed SP1 for it recently.
    > >
    > > Anyone happen to know which hotfix it is?
    > >

    > > "Jason" wrote in message

    > > > Your most likely doing everything right. Its a bug and it was

    addressed
    > > > with an hotfix from veritas. I can't remember which of the plenty

    > > hotfixes
    > > > it was, but it is out there.
    > > >
    > > > Jason
    > > > "Inline Computer Support" wrote in message

    first
    > > item

    > something

+ Reply to Thread