IDR - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR - Veritas Backup Exec ; I would be interested if anyone has ever gotten an IDR restore to work successfully... I have been trying for weeks and weeks and still no joy - all manner of problems - ive tried the lot - and ive ...

  1. IDR

    I would be interested if anyone has ever gotten an IDR restore to work successfully...

    I have been trying for weeks and weeks and still no joy - all manner of problems
    - ive tried the lot - and ive been an IT / MS pro for 15 years so know my
    way around w2k a little...

    I bought this software for exactly the reason it says on the box - Disaster
    Recovery - and that it certainly isnt...

  2. Re: IDR

    I did a test on V9 first release on a remote server. That went very fine. I
    had to make a floppy with the network driver and then the IDR connected to
    the media server and got the rigth tape in our library and the server
    restored without any problems.
    Else we have the same issues with the remote agents stopping, hanging etc.
    as a lot of V9 users.

    "jason" wrote in message news:3ec4f2ab$1@hronntp01....

    > I would be interested if anyone has ever gotten an IDR restore to work

    successfully...

    > I have been trying for weeks and weeks and still no joy - all manner of

    problems
    > - ive tried the lot - and ive been an IT / MS pro for 15 years so know my
    > way around w2k a little...
    >
    > I bought this software for exactly the reason it says on the box -

    Disaster
    > Recovery - and that it certainly isnt...

  3. Re: IDR

    Yeah - for reals. Im glad I didnt have to rely on it. I have a new SQL
    server 2000 getting loaded on a Compaq ML370. Successfully installed BE9.0
    and thats ABOUT IT.

    Had to destroy the raid in order to resize it due to more space forecasted
    to be needed. Perfect time to try IDR - on a new server. Blew away the
    RAID config.... put the drives in. Started the IDR process. Damn thing
    cant find my tape drive to load my data. Could be a whole lot worse...
    could be using Cheyenne ArcServe.

    Actually.. then it would work... but only after being down for 1 week wading
    thru their non-existance techsupport. Dealing wtih bluescreens and ABENDS
    on Novell right and left.

    I think Im just going to stick with NT Backup. :-)

    "JanC" wrote:
    >I did a test on V9 first release on a remote server. That went very fine.

    >had to make a floppy with the network driver and then the IDR connected

    >the media server and got the rigth tape in our library and the server
    >restored without any problems.
    >Else we have the same issues with the remote agents stopping, hanging etc.
    >as a lot of V9 users.
    >
    >"jason" wrote in message news:3ec4f2ab$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> I would be interested if anyone has ever gotten an IDR restore to work

    >successfully...
    >>
    >> I have been trying for weeks and weeks and still no joy - all manner of

    >problems
    >> - ive tried the lot - and ive been an IT / MS pro for 15 years so know

    my
    >> way around w2k a little...
    >>
    >> I bought this software for exactly the reason it says on the box -

    >Disaster
    >> Recovery - and that it certainly isnt...

+ Reply to Thread