Rotation-Full begins with tape 3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Rotation-Full begins with tape 3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; When running my full on Friday it begins with tape 3 when it should be starting with tape 1. Anybody know why??...

  1. Rotation-Full begins with tape 3

    When running my full on Friday it begins with tape 3 when it should be starting
    with tape 1. Anybody know why??

  2. Re: Rotation-Full begins with tape 3

    BEWS will use the "oldest" (in overwritable status longest) first.

    You can re-label each slot starting with slot 0 when you swap magazines.
    Once you have done this for all magazines, for one complete rotation of
    tapes, you shouldn't have any further problems

    John wrote:

    >When running my full on Friday it begins with tape 3 when it should be starting
    >with tape 1. Anybody know why??

+ Reply to Thread