Clearing Catalogues - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Clearing Catalogues - Veritas Backup Exec ; How can i clear the catalogs?? The reason im asking this is because im trying to restore from a backup and the media keeps enjecting saying please put in the right tape. This is a real pain even though im ...

  1. Clearing Catalogues

    How can i clear the catalogs?? The reason im asking this is because im trying
    to restore from a backup and the media keeps enjecting saying please put
    in the right tape. This is a real pain even though im going through the process
    of doing inventory and then catalog. But it does not catalog any of the tapes...
    i dont understand why?? Though in the last few weeks there is catalogs sitting
    there saying that the backups have worked and saved themselves into catalogs.
    I want to remove this so we can start a fresh restore.

  2. Re: Clearing Catalogues

    You can shutdown the BEWS services, then rename the catalogs dir (eg.
    to catalogs.sav) then create a new catalogs dir.

    Restart BEWS, then inventory and catalog. If this doesn't work, then
    the tapes themselves are probably no good.

    David wrote:

    >How can i clear the catalogs?? The reason im asking this is because im trying
    >to restore from a backup and the media keeps enjecting saying please put
    >in the right tape. This is a real pain even though im going through the process
    >of doing inventory and then catalog. But it does not catalog any of the tapes...
    >i dont understand why?? Though in the last few weeks there is catalogs sitting
    >there saying that the backups have worked and saved themselves into catalogs.
    >I want to remove this so we can start a fresh restore.

+ Reply to Thread