BE9.0 SBS Device & Media Service hangs - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE9.0 SBS Device & Media Service hangs - Veritas Backup Exec ; I just installed Backup Exec 9.0 Small Business from 7.3 SBS (as a new install) Now I cannot get the Device & Media Service to run. It hangs on start-up. I've tried a reinstall to no avail. Any help? Ryan ...

  1. BE9.0 SBS Device & Media Service hangs

    I just installed Backup Exec 9.0 Small Business from 7.3 SBS (as a new
    install)
    Now I cannot get the Device & Media Service to run. It hangs on start-up.
    I've tried a reinstall to no avail. Any help?
    Ryan Lindow

  2. Re: BE9.0 SBS Device & Media Service hangs

    Have you checked to see if the service is set to run as the same user as the
    other BEWS services?

    "flashpoint" wrote in message
    > I just installed Backup Exec 9.0 Small Business from 7.3 SBS (as a new
    > install)
    > Now I cannot get the Device & Media Service to run. It hangs on start-up.
    > I've tried a reinstall to no avail. Any help?
    > Ryan Lindow

  3. Re: BE9.0 SBS Device & Media Service hangs

    I have installed BE9.0 for SBS on my SBS 2000 server. It always shows in the
    "Service" that the Device & Media Service is "Starting", causing my other
    services un-responsive.

    I did the following:
    1. change all BE related services to be run by System. (instead of "\\mydomain\administrator")
    2. change the device & media service to startup "Manually"

    Each time when I rebooted my machine, I needed to manually start that sevice,
    otherwise it simply hung. Any work around? Please email as well.

    Keith

    "flashpoint" wrote:
    >I just installed Backup Exec 9.0 Small Business from 7.3 SBS (as a new
    >install)
    >Now I cannot get the Device & Media Service to run. It hangs on start-up.
    >I've tried a reinstall to no avail. Any help?
    >Ryan Lindow

+ Reply to Thread