communication error and semaphore error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on communication error and semaphore error - Veritas Backup Exec ; We buy the new Version 9.0 and since this time we have big problems with our backup. We backup 4 Server and about 30 Workstations, 9 to 10 times we get one of the two error msg: 1.) Communication error ...

  1. communication error and semaphore error

    We buy the new Version 9.0 and since this time we have big problems with our
    backup.
    We backup 4 Server and about 30 Workstations, 9 to 10 times we get one of
    the two error msg:
    1.) Communication error between Backup Exec-Engine and Remote agen
    2.) The Timelimit for the semaphore expired.
    We allready call the Veritas Support burt we do not fix the Problem. We deinstall
    and Install everything new, we install SP1 we change some timeouts in the
    regedt32 but still the same Problem.
    If one of you can help - it would be greate. (By the way, we never had this
    problems with version 8.5)

  2. Re: communication error and semaphore error

    Harry,

    I have been reading on the newsgroup about alot of problems with the remote
    agent. When you say that you have installed SP1 did you reinstalled the
    remote agents again from the media server?

    Mike

    "Harry E. von Zons" wrote in message

    > We buy the new Version 9.0 and since this time we have big problems with

    our
    > backup.
    > We backup 4 Server and about 30 Workstations, 9 to 10 times we get one of
    > the two error msg:
    > 1.) Communication error between Backup Exec-Engine and Remote agen
    > 2.) The Timelimit for the semaphore expired.
    > We allready call the Veritas Support burt we do not fix the Problem. We

    deinstall
    > and Install everything new, we install SP1 we change some timeouts in the
    > regedt32 but still the same Problem.
    > If one of you can help - it would be greate. (By the way, we never had

    this
    > problems with version 8.5)

+ Reply to Thread