remote agen errors - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on remote agen errors - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have installed remote agent. 2000 server Backup Exec 8.6. I get error that i have not installed remote agent on the server Which I have. I Checked the services on the server and I don's see remote agent service ...

  1. remote agen errors

    I have installed remote agent. 2000 server Backup Exec 8.6.
    I get error that i have not installed remote agent on the server Which I
    have. I Checked the services on the server and I don's see remote agent service
    in the list. I know there is a way to initiate the service by edditing th
    registry. I have down it in the past with tecnical support from Veritas.
    But unfortunately i did not document the changes. Can some one help me with
    this?

  2. Re: remote agen errors

    On the remote machine, does the BERemote service exist, and is it started?
    On the BEWS machine, from Help/About, does the RemoteAgente serial appear?

    Krikor wrote:

    >I have installed remote agent. 2000 server Backup Exec 8.6.
    >I get error that i have not installed remote agent on the server Which I
    >have. I Checked the services on the server and I don's see remote agent service
    >in the list. I know there is a way to initiate the service by edditing th
    >registry. I have down it in the past with tecnical support from Veritas.
    >But unfortunately i did not document the changes. Can some one help me with
    >this?

+ Reply to Thread