Services wont start - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Services wont start - Veritas Backup Exec ; I just installed the Trial Version of Backup Exec 9.0 on a Win2k server with SP3. No errors during the install and the reboot seemed fine. However the services wont start and I get the following error: __________________________________________________ _________ Start ...

  1. Services wont start

    I just installed the Trial Version of Backup Exec 9.0 on a Win2k server with
    SP3. No errors during the install and the reboot seemed fine. However the
    services wont start and I get the following error:

    Start services on server: GENSERV-SQL-2
    Starting Backup Exec Naming Service on GENSERV-SQL-2.
    Error starting the service Backup Exec Naming Service on GENSERV-SQL-2.
    The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

    All the other services do the same thing. They require DHCP, DNS and TCP/IP
    NetBios Services. All are installed and running.

    Some Help? Can you please post and email to corey@digitaladds.com.

    Thanks
    Corey

  2. Re: Services wont start

    hi Corey,

    pls. check if the MSSQL$BKUPEXEC service is running.. foll. services depend
    upon this:
    -BE Device & Media Svc. & media svc.>
    -SQLSERVER svc

    so none of the BE services would start if MSSQL$BKUPEXEC is stopped

    the logon should be to the local syste account

    hope that helps
    Dan

    "Corey Tenney" wrote:

    >I just installed the Trial Version of Backup Exec 9.0 on a Win2k server

    with
    >SP3. No errors during the install and the reboot seemed fine. However

    the
    >services wont start and I get the following error:
    >
    >__________________________________________________ _________
    >Start services on server: GENSERV-SQL-2
    >Starting Backup Exec Naming Service on GENSERV-SQL-2.
    >Error starting the service Backup Exec Naming Service on GENSERV-SQL-2.
    >The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.
    >
    >All the other services do the same thing. They require DHCP, DNS and TCP/IP
    >NetBios Services. All are installed and running.
    >
    >Some Help? Can you please post and email to corey@digitaladds.com.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Corey

  3. Re: Services wont start

    Dan,

    There is no SQLSVR-Backup Exec service. I have the MSSQLSERVER, MSSQLServerAdHelp,
    SQLSERVERAGENT services. The AdHelp service is not running but the other
    two are. What now?

    Corey

    "Dan Red" wrote:

    >hi Corey,
    >
    >pls. check if the MSSQL$BKUPEXEC service is running.. foll. services depend
    >upon this:
    >-BE Device & Media Svc.
    device