The device, \Device\Tape0, has a bad block - Event ID 7 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on The device, \Device\Tape0, has a bad block - Event ID 7 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Backup failed because of a bad block. I cleaned the tape drive again and the newest backup worked. Can I do anything with the tape that has a bad block such as reformating? What little info I found sounded like ...

  1. The device, \Device\Tape0, has a bad block - Event ID 7

    Backup failed because of a bad block. I cleaned the tape drive again and
    the newest backup worked. Can I do anything with the tape that has a bad
    block such as reformating? What little info I found sounded like the tape
    needs to be pitched but I need to find out for certain before I go to my
    boss about buying more tape cartridges. System and error data are below.
    Thanks for your help.

    Backup Exec version 8.6 rev. 3808
    Windows 2000 Server (operating system)
    HP SureStore Dat24 (tape drive)

    Event ID 7
    Event source 4mmdat

    Veritas Tech Note ID 241684 indicated this was an unrecovered read error.

  2. Re: The device, \Device\Tape0, has a bad block - Event ID 7

    Hi,

    Im having the same issue with same backup exec version & o/s but using dat4 tapes. Did you have a solution for this?

    Cheers
    SJL

+ Reply to Thread